Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using laptop in the terrace/garden on a sunny day

Options
  • 01-03-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi, I would like to use my laptop in the terrace on sunny days, but there is the usual glare problem that doesn't allow me to. I wonder if there is any way to fix this? Ie. is there anything I can put on the monitor, etc that can help?

Thank you ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It's less noticeable on a matte screen (as opposed to a glossy one) but many manufacturers only offer their laptops with glossy screens. Perhaps there is something you could put over it to reduce it. Can bet someone else here will know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What I do is make sure to sit in the shade and change the Windows theme to black on white. Or is it white on black? It's been so long since we have had a sunny day, I can't remember. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

You can get an anti-glare or privacy filter to place over the screen.
    http://www.nextag.com/laptop-anti_-_glare-screens/products-html
    for example

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

and this is where the 'ugly' matte screen of my thinkpad kicks in :D

welcome summer!!*no sun on today tho:(*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭CHW

Take your pick:

Laptop%20tent.jpg
    compushade2-small.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Thank you guys for all replies!!! :)