Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get listed in seach engens

Options
  • 28-02-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    just want to know how to get listed on google and yahoo ect.
    I hear about meta tags but how do you do them and what are they ect.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

padocon wrote: »
    Hi all,
    just want to know how to get listed on google and yahoo ect.
    I hear about meta tags but how do you do them and what are they ect.
    Thanks

Hi Padocon,

The best way to get listed in the search engines is to get a link from a site already in the search engine indexes.

Meta tags are information inserted into the head area of your web pages and include Title, Keywords and Description. Many people think these have a lot of weight in SEO, but all you need to worry about is writing a good title and description for your site so people will click on it in the Search Engines. For more information read here.

SEO is such a vast area, but best thing I think I can do is give you a link to some beginners info. If you have more specific questions about SEO I'm sure many people here could help you out.

If you want a few links to help you get into the search engines, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gypsy777

Its all about quality anchored one way backlinks to your site if your looking to actually rank as well as be indexed in the search engines.

Advertisement