Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Sligo

Options
  • 13-05-2008 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

IT Sligo is also worth a look. They have significantly expanded their open and distance offerings. www.itsligo.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sportz

TJJP wrote: »
    IT Sligo is also worth a look. They have significantly expanded their open and distance offerings. www.itsligo.ie

Except doing that will cost you in excess of €3,000. Theres always a catch somewhere! The distance learning service offered by IT Sligo is not that great; theres only one big computer room specifically allocated to distance learners. Also, the area is significantly under-staffed.

One other thing; IT Sligo's marking system is very hard, no student has a chance of getting an A, be they distance learners or Full time students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brianmmulligan

sportz wrote: »
    Except doing that will cost you in excess of €3,000. Theres always a catch somewhere! The distance learning service offered by IT Sligo is not that great; theres only one big computer room specifically allocated to distance learners. Also, the area is significantly under-staffed.

One other thing; IT Sligo's marking system is very hard, no student has a chance of getting an A, be they distance learners or Full time students.
    Hi, I'm the online-distance course developer at IT Sligo. We don't provide a computer room at all for distance learners as they all work from home or work. All our classes are live online (with recordings also available). As we grow we would hope to reduce prices (some courses may have Fas funding). You'll find the engineering and quality courses at www.itsligo.ie/online, but there are some others in Biopharmaceutical Science, Environmental Science and Advocacy that you can find on the main site - www.itsligo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chrisr

Hi does anyone know when the online induction day is??

Ive tried Sligo IT but cant seem to get an answer.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭corazon

REMINDER: First Year Online Student Induction

Thurs Sep 20th & Fri Sep 21st

at IT Sligo & The Clarion Hotel, Sligo

The orientation programme for all first year online students will be held on Thursday September 20th and Friday September 21st 2012 at the Institute of Technology Sligo and in the Clarion Hotel.

Note: You must register to attend this induction

If you do not register, then we cannot guarantee you a place at the computer lab sessions. The hotel has also requested numbers for catering.

To register go to the Distance Learner General Support Area on Moodle. : http://itsligo.learnonline.ie/course/view.php?id=32

A detailed schedule for both days will be posted on the IT Sligo Moodle website one week prior to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

I'm in 2nd year of the masters in Biopharma through IT Sligo and can't praise it highly enough. Although I can't speak for all the other online courses IT Sligo offer, I find biopharma very well organised, with supportive and interactive lecturers, very little requirement for spending money on extra books as notes and reading material is provided online. Lectures are recorded so you can study when you want, but if you do attend online there is a lot of emphasis put on students interacting and asking questions.

As for being hard to get an A - I don't find that at all; most of my class are getting very high grades. No end of year exams - normally 3 smaller exams make up half the mark and a project makes up the other half, or else it's all assignment based. It's a lot of work, but it's designed very well, especially for those with a job or family they need to fit the study around.

And just one more point - the course I'm doing is pretty highly regarded in the biopharma industry; it's in conjunction with NIBRT, and an awful lot of biopharma companies get these guys in to provide training to employees.

Just my opinion of course, but I would definitely give them a thumbs up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 BBBDigital017

IT sligo is incredible

Advertisement