Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avast Antivirus Pro - 25% Discount

Options
  • 28-02-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

"avast! is celebrating 75 million users and are offering a 25% special discount for everyone that upgrades to avast! Professional Edition until midnight on Sunday 1 March."

http://www.avast.com/eng/celebration-75mio-registered-users.html

The upgrade prices are for 1 or 2 years.

So, to upgrade to Pro for one year it says it will cost 32 euro
    (but if you select sterling at checkout it only costs 22 sterling = 24 euro )

... and to upgrade for two years will cost 46 euro
    (or 32 sterling = 36 euro if you select sterling at checkout!)

So in total, I paid 36.32 euro for the two year upgrade
    which is a 10 euro saving on top of the 25% discount.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ImFeelingLucky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Thanks OP. I been using Avast on all PCs for a few years, never had a problem with it.
    The Home Edition is free to use and IMO is much better than newest AVG which is terrible.

NOD32, AntiVir or Avast would be my top 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

AVG free is the real bargain.... at least as good (arguably better) and the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

one should never pay for anti virus anti spyware etc, pop over to the computer section of boards and get kitted out for free, also common sense is the best one out there

• Registered Users Posts: 45,300 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

old boy wrote: »
    one should never pay for anti virus anti spyware etc, pop over to the computer section of boards and get kitted out for free, also common sense is the best one out there

+1.

I wouldnt count this as a bargin OP when you can have antivirus for free, its a no brainer.

I can't get my head around people paying for it tbh, I think its just laziness

• Advertisement
Advertisement