Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vostro 1000 screen issue!!

Options
  • 28-02-2009 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My sister has a vostro 1000 laptop that is out of warranty and she is having a strange problem with the screen. When you open the screen out too much(not excessively just over 90 degrees) the screen goes dark (u can still make out the desktop on the screen, backlight just isn't lighting the screen) If u close the screen down and open it again sometimes it will light back up.

Would I be right in thinking this sounds like some kind of a problem with the screens connection??

I would be very thankful for any help as my own laptop is going off for repair this weekend for a couple of weeks so may be borrowing the vostro if I can sort it out!

Sorry for the long post if you need any more details just ask.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sounds like a loose connection to me, you can find disassembly instructions on Dells site, it could be an idea to disassemble it to an extent and see if anything is loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

Thanks for the reply Alanstrainor I'm actually looking for those instructions right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

My bro's 1000 had a similar issue. I popped off the button panel and reseated the screen cable firmly into the motherboard. No problems since.

Advertisement