Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone studying dentistry or medicine through UCAS?

Options
  • 27-02-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm interesting in studying dentistry or medicine and I'm going to apply through the CAO for both next year but I want to apply to UCAS too to boost my chances of getting what I want. Could anyone recommend what universities have good dentistry and medicine courses in Scotland, Wales or Belfast?
    Thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FishorSeal

Hi dude.I'm studying in Cork myself but I had a look at the UK options last year too.Theres an aptitude test you need to do firstly as far as I know and its called the UKCAT.Most of the UK universities will invite you for an interview too so lots of prep is needed.I found the following forums very useful in preparing my application.Have look http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11851983&highlight=%27%27dentistry+questions%27%27#post11851983

http://www.admissionsforum.net/

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

swatch wrote: »
    I'm interesting in studying dentistry or medicine and I'm going to apply through the CAO for both next year but I want to apply to UCAS too to boost my chances of getting what I want. Could anyone recommend what universities have good dentistry and medicine courses in Scotland, Wales or Belfast?
    Thanks in advance!:)

hi there in northern ireland the only place you can study dentistry or medicine is queens in belfast. i no for medicine in queens students from the republic cant get into year one of the course the have to do a year first of all which is called a premed. i think its around the 540-560 mark to get into this year as there are very limited place for students from, i think aprrroximately 5

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

Thanks a million that's really helpful :)

Keep the suggestions rolling in please!

if you feel achieveing the points is am problem, i would suggest going to do a premed in england, ive heard of people getting into this year with 495, i mean i no a girl whon has

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

If you apply to do the premed in England, after the year do you automatically gain a place in first year med then?

• Advertisement

swatch wrote: »
    If you apply to do the premed in England, after the year do you automatically gain a place in first year med then?

i thinkyou hae to apply, but its very unlikly that you wouldnt get in

Advertisement