Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom line checker - Number could not be prequalified, please try again

Options
  • 27-02-2009 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just noticed the message from checking the house line on the eircom broadband a to z checker has changed from

'Your exchange is not Broadband enabled'

to

'Number could not be prequalified, please try again'

About a month ago we had a load of Eircom guys working on the telephone poles and the ducting in the village. It's the Coon Exchange in Co. Kilkenny. We're down for getting broadband (at last) in Q1 2009.

Just wondering if this is a sign that the work is nearing completion? If there's anyone who knows something about this sort of thing, would appreciate their insights.

Please.... please please... a 1MB line is all I ask... maybe 2MB :P

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Try BT Line Checker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 robin1981

Yes hopefully is good news. My internet is so slow at the moment and I need something new

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Try BT Line Checker

BT says:
    Unfortunately it appears that Broadband is not available to you at the moment.

Smart Telecom's line checker says
    We're sorry but it appears Smart Broadband is not currently available in your area. (COON exchange)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The line checker is just a database updated once a month

Advertisement