Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DkIT IV 7th March

Options
  • 27-02-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi all
    The DkIT intervarsity will be taking place on the 7th of march.

The early shoot will be sighters for 9, shooting for 9:30 and will consist of:
    DkIT, DCU, UCD, DIT, NUIM

The late shoot will be sighters for 10:30, shooting for 11 and will consist of:
    NUIG, GMIT, UL, ITC, RCSI

Entry will be €8 on the day.
    The tuck shop beside the hall will be open on the day.
    The team size will be 7. Should extra spaces become available you will all be notified.

If you could send your team sheet to me before wednesday the 4th at: mogsey@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fidusachates

Heya guys, and advice on how to get to DKIT using public transportation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mogsey

ah, good old public transport.

if you are coming by bus, both the mathews bus and bus eireann buses to dundalk stop right outside the college. its the first stop when you come off the motorway and you pass a petrol station on the left. this would be your best bet

you could get the train to dundalk but it is a bit of a walk to the college. here is a link to google maps which i hope helps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Dominic%27s+Pl%2FR178&daddr=53.984161,-6.395845&hl=en&geocode=Fb_5NwMdyiSe_w%3B&mra=mi&mrsp=1&sz=15&dirflg=w&sll=53.984761,-6.400266&sspn=0.014737,0.04549&ie=UTF8&z=15

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

I used to get the matthews bus to work when I was based in Demonware - quality transport. Leaves from parnell street, uses the motorways, pretty regular schedule.

Hey guys.
    i really need to have those team sheets in by tonight so could you please send them on to me at my email.
    Thanks

p.s. i forgot to mention, we will be opening it to guests. but as awlays, students will come first

I still have to hear from NUIG and NUIM. can you please get in touch with me as soon as possible, whether you are sending a team or not.

Also, it looks like we will have extra spaces available on the day, so if any college wishes to send more people, drop me a mail and i'll see what i can do

• Advertisement

A small toolbox was found after we had cleaned up. if this belongs to anyone, let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Results are online at http://www.ucd.ie/archery/iv/index.html

I need clarification:
    - was William O'Leary from DIT shooting in beginner recurve or beginner barebow category?
    - I got 2 scores for Michael Curtin: 233 and 458 (best beginner). What is the correct score?

Micheal Curtin got 458 and ,as far as i know, William O'Leary is beginner

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClaireMichelle

My name is spelt with two lls in Michelle not one, can it be changed please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ppringle

well done to the DkIT crew.
    Another well organised competition.
    Good luck with the charity shoot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ppringle

Padraig Howe is in the Beginner Recurve category.

My name is spelt with two lls in Michelle not one, can it be changed please?
    Fixed. I always try to fix such mispellings, but probably need to automate checking to larger extent.
    ppringle wrote: »
    Padraig Howe is in the Beginner Recurve category.
    Fixed.
    MicS wrote: »
    - was William O'Leary from DIT shooting in beginner recurve or beginner barebow category?
    If he really shoot as beginner recurve, then I need a clarification from rules committee. William's best score was 395 as barebow, and the rules are not explicitly clear about beginner->advanced transition. Old rules stated that 350+ score as barebow is required to become advanced recurve, and Dermot and I were asking for exactly this problem in the rules thread.

Of course, if it was a mistake and William really was shooting barebow, then there's no problem. Though the rule still needs clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ainenio

Just two points on DCU names,
    Huw Leggate and Hugh Leggate are the same person, it’s spelt Huw Leggate.
    Colin Griffin and Colin Griffen are the same person, it’s spelt Colin Griffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClaireMichelle

Thanks for changing it

And William O'Leary was shooting beginner recurve, afaik to qualify for barebow advanced you need 450+ no?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

afaik to qualify for barebow advanced you need 450+ no?

Yup, but to go from barebow to recurve is different. Basically, by old rules if you get the white badge in any disipline then you are at that level in all disiplines. This means if you have the white badge from barebow, then when you switch to recurve / compound you are regarded as advanced.

ainenio wrote: »
    Just two points on DCU names,
    Huw Leggate and Hugh Leggate are the same person, it’s spelt Huw Leggate.
    Colin Griffin and Colin Griffen are the same person, it’s spelt Colin Griffin.
    All fixed. And I knew which were correct names, as I asked those questions while I was at UCD IV. Before the next IV, I will try to rewrite my program to better handle such misspellings (it's ironic that at work I'm developing text analysis and spell checking software, but cannot use it in my non-work project).
    Panserborn wrote: »
    Yup, but to go from barebow to recurve is different. Basically, by old rules if you get the white badge in any disipline then you are at that level in all disiplines. This means if you have the white badge from barebow, then when you switch to recurve / compound you are regarded as advanced.
    Exactly. The previous discussion is at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055429152, posts 2, 6, 7, 9. However, there was no decision by rules committee about it.

William's score does not affect team standings, so I don't see any point in disqualifying him. But the rule needs to be clarified to avoid future problems.

BTW, is there any method of contacting rules committee other than posting at this board? I know that people have emails, but I don't know them to post my questions directly.

Nobody answering questions ... Does it mean nobody cares? Or rules committee is discussing it already or going to discuss it soon?

Advertisement