Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus EEE PC warranty repair ?

Options
  • 27-02-2009 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is about getting a repair done on an EEE in Ireland. Think it's still under warranty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Well firstly - where was it bought?

Then check the manufacturers warranty - prob 1 year!

Also look for your receipt and hope that it is within the 1 year since your purchase.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ring Asus in the UK on 00-44-870-1208340

I've found them to be difficult to tie down, but eventually I got my probs sorted (it was the EEE Box B202 I had probs with).

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

long_b wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is about getting a repair done on an EEE in Ireland. Think it's still under warranty.
    Whats the problem? I have the 901 and had several problems with it so far, many of them non warrenty issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks for the info folks.

For some reason, after months of no issues, wireless WEP is giving trouble.

it now totally locks up when I try to connect to E61 that's using Joikuspot with WEP security,

when I take off the security it just does the "Pending" thing - ie won't get a DHCP response.

Weird - I thought the WiFi might have been faulty but it seems to connect to my home (insecure) network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Epilogue
    Problem seems to have gone away - I installed a WiFi patch via the Settings tab.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

I had a problem a few months back with my keyboard not working. Contacted Asus themselves in the UK. Said I'd have to fill in a form, and arrange UPS collection (paid for). Was shipped back in about a week.

Advertisement