Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confidential Advise Sought: Roaccutane & Alcohol / Illegal Drugs

Options
  • 27-02-2009 4:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hello,

i think my dermatologist is going to start me on a course of roaccutane soon [i just turned 24 & have ugly/sore adult acne. know roaccutane is pretty extreme but i've tried everything else so this is sort of a last resort]. i think she is planning to put me on a low dosage.

i was hoping that someone out there would be able to advise me on the dangers of mixing this medication with [illegal] drugs, namely mdma [= the pure form of ecstasy]... is it for any reason more risky & dangerous for someone on a course of roaccutane to take mdma or ecstasy than for someone who isn't? also, what is the general stance on drinking alcohol whilst taking roaccutane? i know that it has been associated with liver damage.

no high horse judgements please. i'm trying to be sensible by finding out as i can't ask my dermatologist [family friend]

thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement