Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netbooks

Options
  • 27-02-2009 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Are there any places to buy a Netbook in Cork that are worth checking out? I'm looking for either a 6 Cell model Aspire One or the ASUS 901.

If not, are there any places to get a deal on the 901 that might be even cheaper than laptops direct. I can't afford to spend that much online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

hmm

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is there a PC world in Cork? They stock the Aspire One dont they?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

PC World in Mahon Point Retail Park AFAIK, and they should have some good offers - I've seen 9" netbooks under €200 and 12" subnotebooks (C2D!) under €300 in the Navan branch yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

They have the HP 2133 at €300, it says down from €470. Is this a good deal?

aster99 wrote: »
    They have the HP 2133 at €300, it says down from €470. Is this a good deal?

Probably.

What bus do I take to Mahon point does anyone from Cork know. I get the Number 2 into town from Hollyhill, but I don't know if I can just keep on going until I get to Mahon point. Also it took ages last time I went there :(

If anyone sees any good deals on the EEE PC, let me know. Specifically the 901, or if they have an Aspire One with the 6 Cell battery.

• Advertisement

I was in PC World in Mahon and it was disappointing, €400 for the 901 or something like that. Is there any chance I might get it for €300 anywhere, cut price etc.?

Anyone else see one around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Have you tried Soundstore? Don't know what they're like for prices but there's one on Plunket St. and another one out in Blackpool.

What about Harvey Norman on the Kinsale Road? Awkward to get to though if you don't have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Are you set on getting a 901 in a bricks and mortar shop, there's a round of cuts due to the Asus line, the 901 is included, price has recently gone down in the US.

No disrespect, but close to 400 isn't great, at this point in time, even the 901 is a bit long in the tooth.

A friendly forum: http://forum.eeeuser.com

You might ask there about online European deals for the 901.

• Advertisement

Amalgam wrote: »
    Are you set on getting a 901 in a bricks and mortar shop, there's a round of cuts due to the Asus line, the 901 is included, price has recently gone down in the US.

No disrespect, but close to 400 isn't great, at this point in time, even the 901 is a bit long in the tooth.

I'm not set on it, it'd just be a bit easier for me. I'm not in a big hurry but I'd rather not wait longer than a month. Any idea when the price cut will hit? I don't mind ordering from the US if I could get an adapter.

Amalgam wrote: »
    A friendly forum: http://forum.eeeuser.com

You might ask there about online European deals for the 901.

I'll give it a go thanks :)

L.R. Weizel, take a look, price is going south by the week, even paying duty on that price will be cheaper than Ireland.

ASUS' Eee PC 901 with 20GB SSD and 6-cell battery now just $268

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/26/asus-eee-pc-901-with-20gb-ssd-and-6-cell-battery-now-just-268/

Those are using Rebates though, which don't exist over here.

I hope retailers over here adjust their prices.

Also, there's a green 901? I kind of want that.

Any idea where to get the 904HA for cheap?

Advertisement