Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Kavanagh seminar, Mullingar, Sat 28th March

Options
  • 26-02-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Due to circumstances the seminar for Feb 28 has been rescheduled for Sat 28th March.

John Kavanagh seminar:
    Sat 28th March 2009;
    At Mullingar Grappling club.
    From 10:30am -3:30pm
    €50

John is Ireland's only Brazilian Jiu-jitsu blackbelt and is a full time coach at his well known SBG gym in Dublin. This is a good chance to get to train with John and increase your grappling knowledge in a friendly relaxed atmosphere.
    This seminar is open to all and is suitable for everyone from beginners to advanced.

If you have any questions please PM me or email mullingargrappling@live.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Is this VNP's club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Yup. It is indeed.

Shameless Bump.

Also contactable at 086-2244977

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Any boardsters going to this?

This will be my first seminar and I'm bringing a mate who has never done any jitz.

I gave him the run down of how I think it will go-similar to a really long Bjj class I suppose?
    Anyone care to share any previous seminar experiences or just a reminder of what to bring( eg water, gum shield, change of t-shirt etc.)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Can't speak for what the content will be but usually John rolls first and does the technique bit of the seminar later. It's rarely on more than one thing, so you might just do cross sides top, or just do bottom guard and do a sequence from there.

It's not just that the material is good, it is, but that you remember it all because it's well coached. If you're in the midlands you should be going to this!

• Advertisement

Any boardsters going to this?

This will be my first seminar and I'm bringing a mate who has never done any jitz.

I gave him the run down of how I think it will go-similar to a really long Bjj class I suppose?
    Anyone care to share any previous seminar experiences or just a reminder of what to bring( eg water, gum shield, change of t-shirt etc.)?

Bring all of the above and something to eat during the break.
    It's not just that the material is good, it is, but that you remember it all because it's well coached. If you're in the midlands you should be going to this!

Just in case you missed it the first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

We just had John down with us in UL on wednesday . It was a great seminar, everything was taught in a clear, fun and informative manner. We started with reaction based warm up, then went into various techniques which all followed on from each other which we then practiced with progressive resistance. We then did some rolling and finished with partner assisted stretching that I had asked John to show us.

I have been to other seminars and normally find that I soon forget many of the small details of what I was shown. But after the seminar on Weds I found I could go on and teach the techniques to other members of our club who were unable to make it, quite easily.

I would also like to take this chance to thank John for the seminar and the kebab later in the evening :cool:! since weds I have heard nothing but positive feedback from all in attendance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭john kavanagh

I would also like to take this chance to thank John for the seminar and the kebab later in the evening.

just the meat mind you....paleo all the way :D

I'd like to thank John and Aishling for coming down and giving a great seminar. Everyone that was there enjoyed it immensely.

Advertisement