Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the back light in a laptop?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Bit confused, is the back light built into the monitor?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yes, it's behind the screen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

it's usually on the right hand side of the screen

a very thin fluorescent tube vertically

a sheet of transparent plastic conducts the light across the back of the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

it's usually on the right hand side of the screen

a very thin fluorescent tube vertically

a sheet of transparent plastic conducts the light across the back of the screen
    Cheers, can you get this seperate or dose it need a complete screen replacement?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

it's probably the (replaceable) inverter module at bottom of the screen thats gone
    it converts low voltage to high voltage, the tube is a cold cathode and they are very reliable unless you physically break them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

it's probably the (replaceable) inverter module at bottom of the screen thats gone
    it converts low voltage to high voltage, the tube is a cold cathode and they are very reliable unless you physically break them
    Cheers, Its in my brothers Dell Latitude, screen very dim. I thought i'd ask a few questions before I rip it apart. Ill try the Inverter first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

Advertisement