If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic G10 and G15

Options
  • 26-02-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭

Hi John, etc. in the Richersounds team,
    Do you have any idea on the approximate price of the new Panasonic range, the G10 or G15, 42" TV's and a rough idea as to when they'll be hitting the market?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Tea,

Not at the moment - all the Manufacturers are launching at the moment - but I will go and ask the question and come back to you as soon as I get firm pricing news.

I'm at the Philips Launch at the moment and I know I'm a lille biased but they have 3 cracking new developments on TV which I will post on over the next couple of days.

Thanks again and I'll revert with pricing asap,

Johnmc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Are all the LED-Backlit Philips LCDs out over the next few months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Thanks for the reply John, I'll keep an eye out here for updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

johnmc wrote: »
    Tea,

Not at the moment - all the Manufacturers are launching at the moment - but I will go and ask the question and come back to you as soon as I get firm pricing news.

I'm at the Philips Launch at the moment and I know I'm a lille biased but they have 3 cracking new developments on TV which I will post on over the next couple of days.

Thanks again and I'll revert with pricing asap,

Johnmc
    Cool, thanks, although I think the Philips would want to be good to tempt me away from the Panasonic! I await more info eagerly! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Are all the LED-Backlit Philips LCDs out over the next few months?

There is one out already but it's supposed to be the worst of the 4 LED TV's that are available ATM

• Advertisement

Rew wrote: »
    There is one out already but it's supposed to be the worst of the 4 LED TV's that are available ATM
    Why's that? What area does it fall down on do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Trustedreviews.com gave Philips Cineos 42PFL9703D 10/10 saying,

"Philips has brought together its latest picture processing engine with a cutting edge wide-colour gamut LCD panel to deliver what is undeniably one of the best pictures we've yet seen from an LCD TV."

Think they reviewed Samsung and Sony LED-lit ones too, both didnt come out as favourably as the Philips.

Philips also have that 'Cinema Aspect' LCD coming out don't they. 21:9 rather than 16:9 I think.

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Why's that? What area does it fall down on do you know?

The supposedly Philips LED's are white versus the Sony and Samsung ones which are RGB and the wite LED's essentialy wash out the picture slightly. Ill have to find the review again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi all

Would you be refering to the LED LUX 42PFL9803 LCD TV?
    This is the only LED backlit TV Philips make at this time

We have it on display so your all welcome to call in-store and have a play with it - we can give you the remote and let you loose on it.
    Its placed between the 42PFL9603 and 9703 on our ambi wall so you can compare them all and see what you make of it in the flesh.

I have to say that all the reviews I've read on this TV have been very positive about its image quality.

This TV won the EISA award for BEST PRODUCT 2008 -2009 for LCD TV
    Not the sort of thing given out lightly......

I'll dig out the reviews and give you pointers towards them when I get home.
    I'd say this, in my humble opinion, is the best 42" TV Philips have yet produced and can't wait to see the LED LUX technology work its way into other screen sizes

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one as I dont want to hijack this thread or turn it into brand X is better than Brand Y.

This TV has received very positive reviews in Home Cinema Choice issue 166, What Video & Hi-Def TV issue 342, what Hi-Fi Feb issue - there was another one which I bought last week and set down in the demo room at work for a moment - some must have taken a liking too it as when I went back it was gone.

It seems to be a popular set for reviewing at the moment - look forward to seeing it in multi brand tests reports.

Question for Rew.

I haven't seen any multi way test between the various LED backlit TV's. Would love to read it mind (spend lots of time in Easons and Borders browsing & buying the AVmags) can you point me in the right direction?

Anyway for those interested and can make the trip into the shop your all welcome to call in and have a look-see and tweek it, as mentioned before it's smack bang between the other 42" 9 series TV's.

Appologies to Tea 1000 and John Mc (my Boss:)) for taking this off topic some what....

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Its buried on the Samsung 956 thread on AVForums I haven't been able to pick it up on google but ill have a dig in that thread for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Hi, not having a dig or anything, but them eisa awards are not any indication of performance regarding PQ, they usually award them to the product with the most gimmicks.
    The fiat panda won car of the year too but come on who really thinks they,re car of the year!!

And don't get me started on what hifi, I remember a 40 to 42" group test that they awarded best of group to a Sony, but in the review they only gave it 3 stars for picture quality, how the flip can you take that seriously, surely picture quality should be top of the list when purchasing a TV.

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick one as I dont want to hijack this thread or turn it into brand X is better than Brand Y.

This TV has received very positive reviews in Home Cinema Choice issue 166, What Video & Hi-Def TV issue 342, what Hi-Fi Feb issue - there was another one which I bought last week and set down in the demo room at work for a moment - some must have taken a liking too it as when I went back it was gone.

It seems to be a popular set for reviewing at the moment - look forward to seeing it in multi brand tests reports.

Question for Rew.

I haven't seen any multi way test between the various LED backlit TV's. Would love to read it mind (spend lots of time in Easons and Borders browsing & buying the AVmags) can you point me in the right direction?

Anyway for those interested and can make the trip into the shop your all welcome to call in and have a look-see and tweek it, as mentioned before it's smack bang between the other 42" 9 series TV's.

Appologies to Tea 1000 and John Mc (my Boss:)) for taking this off topic some what....

Cheers
    Ash
    No apology needed! Good to see more info on any competing TV's! What price range is the LED backlit model in? It's a 42" I'm interested in, and the Panasonic has impressed me the most, but I'm open to any brand provided I'm happy with the pic quality versus price!

Hi, not having a dig or anything, but them eisa awards are not any indication of performance regarding PQ, they usually award them to the product with the most gimmicks.
    The fiat panda won car of the year too but come on who really thinks they,re car of the year!!

And don't get me started on what hifi, I remember a 40 to 42" group test that they awarded best of group to a Sony, but in the review they only gave it 3 stars for picture quality, how the flip can you take that seriously, surely picture quality should be top of the list when purchasing a TV.
    The Fiat Panda is an excellent car, when you consider everything, as these awards are supposed to do. So I can easily see how that won.
    I don't know how a TV with mediocre picture quality was voted best though.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mollers & Boardies,

I agree that many many awards are not worth the paper they are written on -however I do think that the EISA awards are in a different league.

The EISA Awards are voted on by Technical Journalists and it is the official awards of the European Imaging and Sound Association - not some vested interests of a single publisher who could be swayed by advertising revenue.

If you look at the history of the EISA award winners you will see that they really do reward technical excellence, frequently over commercial viability and I feel that EISA should be respected for that stance.

But hey that's just my opinion and I think Panda's are cool as well but then I would - my first car was a Lancia Fulvia .....:o (and I still have it 29 years later)

http://www.eisa.eu/

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.