Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom's Michelle Doherty tops the poll!

Options
  • 26-02-2009 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Phantom 105.2 DJ, Michelle Doherty has been voted ‘Best Radio DJ’ in this years Hot Press Readers Poll.

The Hot Press Readers Poll, long established as one of the key barometers of the public's attitude to what's hot in music in Ireland. The poll was conducted in December 2008 and published in the current edition of Hot Press magazine with U2 on the cover. It’s the first time that a female DJ has been voted in as Best Radio DJ. Runners up in this category were Alison Curtis (Today FM) and Nikki Hayes (2FM).

Michelle Doherty, who hails from Donegal, joined Phantom 105.2 in July 2008 and presents Finest Worksongs, sponsored by Vodafone, from 10am to 1pm Monday to Friday. Michelle also presented Channel 6’s (now 3e) ‘Nightshift’ music TV show for three years.

“I am absolutely delighted and still a wee bit in shock and it’s very exciting especially as I have only been with Phantom since July” says Michelle “Thanks to the readers of Hot Press and Phantom listeners for voting for me – I am thrilled!”

Phantom 105.2 plays the best in indie and alternative rock and is available on 105.2FM Dublin, nationwide on Chorus/NTL Channel 935 and online at phantom.ie

Michelle Doherty will appear as a guest on the The Podge & Rodge show on RTE 2 TV, Monday, March 2nd at 22:55.

Advertisement