Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubuntu Proxy server problems

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Just did a clean install on a my laptop of Ubuntu ver 8, all working in fine bar I am unable to connect to the internet when using internet proxy server in work. Have a IP address etc.
    Have manual entered the proxy server settings in firefox but wont connect. Works fine at home when I connect to my eircom broadband wired connection even works with 3g Mobile card.
    Anyone assist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

does your proxy server require authentication?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mobby

Macros42 wrote: »
    does your proxy server require authentication?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Is the port correct for the proxy - A lot of proxies use 3128 now instead of 80 or 8080. Or have you tried autodetecting the proxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mobby

Macros42 wrote: »
    Is the port correct for the proxy - A lot of proxies use 3128 now instead of 80 or 8080. Or have you tried autodetecting the proxy?

Yep Port is 8080and is working fine on another PC with Windows XP, Also tried autodetect same issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

You might also try setting the Firefox Preferences to "Use System Settings," then edit the system proxy settings.

System -> Preferences -> Network Proxy

Select "Manual Proxy Configuration" and add the address of the HTTP Proxy, or whatever type of proxy it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement