Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corked wine

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I've had a bad run recently with corked wine. I usually bring back a corked bottle and ask for a replacement but feel a bit embarassed to be back yet again to my local wine shop as this latest bottle was discounted (January 20% off) from 10e to 8e. Would you bother? Or just pour it down the sink.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd bring it back - the shop will return it to their supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

muckety wrote: »
    I've had a bad run recently with corked wine. I usually bring back a corked bottle and ask for a replacement but feel a bit embarassed to be back yet again to my local wine shop as this latest bottle was discounted (January 20% off) from 10e to 8e. Would you bother? Or just pour it down the sink.

10% of wine is corked (supposedly)

Dont feel bad about bringing it back.
    My folks had a bad run too.
    Its just a string of coincidence, as long as you arent drinking half the bottle, they shouldnt have a problem.

If they do, dont shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

If you're it's corked or even just tainted, you're well within your rights to bring it back. Request a replacement or a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

I would take it back always and I do if wine is not drinkable. If it was a faulty electrical item or some food that had gone off you wouldn't feel embarrassed returning it would you? Supervalu where we live have a habit of having "corked" wine on discount. Not sure how much of this is chance or how much they rely on people not complaining. I complain if they over charge me 10 cents. Money is money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭misssaucie

Absolutely bring it back, it's no skin off the shop's nose as they'll just return it to their supplier. Why not try going for a screw top bottle the next time, it's a myth that the quality of the wine is inferior. I swear by them and I just screw the lid back on if I don't finish the bottle (which isn't too often :rolleyes:) and it will last up to 3-4 days.
    muckety wrote: »

• Advertisement
Advertisement