Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canoeing/outdoor pursuits in Portarlington

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi All,

I got a flyer in the door about a year ago. It was for canoeing/outdoor pursuits on a Sunday morning. Anyone know if this is still running and if so have you any details?

Thanks!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Don't remember getting that leaflet, but love to know more about the canoeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Yeah, if I remember correctly it was canoeing in the barrow at around 11 on Sunday mornings. There was a mention of mountain biking as well but I'm more interested in the canoeing. Might take a wander down on Sunday to see if anythings going on. Will let you know if I find out any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

+1 very interested. Please let us know minxie.

Sorry folks, I didn't get down today because I was away for the weekend. Will do more investigating and hopefully get down there next Sunday. Will keep you updated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 True Fitness

Minxie123 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I got a flyer in the door about a year ago. It was for canoeing/outdoor pursuits on a Sunday morning. Anyone know if this is still running and if so have you any details?

Thanks!

Hi!
    The flyer you are referring to was delivered by my company 'True Fitness'. We are based in Portarlington and we take individuals and groups out kayaking and canoeing every weekend on Saturdays and Sundays depending on the demand of that particular weekend. We also do mountain biking, hill walking and navigation, personal training, sports specific training and much more. Our website (www.truefitness.ie) is under consrtuction at the moment but will be up and running towards the end of next week. In the mean time if you would like more information on kayaking or canoeing please contact Diane on 087 2388748 and I would be happy to help you with anything you would like to know.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Diane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 True Fitness

Hi!
    The flyer you are referring to was delivered by my company 'True Fitness'. We are based in Portarlington and we take individuals and groups out kayaking and canoeing every weekend on Saturdays and Sundays depending on the demand of that particular weekend. We also do mountain biking, hill walking and navigation, personal training, sports specific training and much more. Our website (www.truefitness.ie) is under consrtuction at the moment but will be up and running towards the end of next week. In the mean time if you would like more information on kayaking or canoeing please contact Diane on 087 2388748 and I would be happy to help you with anything you would like to know.

Thanks,
    Diane.

Hi!

Thanks,
    Diane.

Thanks Diane, will give you a call next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

Tullamore has a canoe club (do some kayaking trips) & have a website.
    Newbridge has a kayak club, meet weekly & have a website.
    Both clubs are known to the Irish Canoe Union & have qualified instructors.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jgally

I went kayaking at the weekend with True Fitness and would reccomend it. Enjoyable start to the day and good value. :o

Advertisement