Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need railway sleepers cut to size

Options
  • 26-02-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to use railway sleepers as a fireplace and need them cut to a spcific size is there anyone in Dublin Meath or Louth, preferably Dublin that can do this work for me? Also the sleepers are going to be about 4 inches from the fireplace opening so do I need to get them specially treated to stand the heat?

cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

If these are the old railway sleepers, as far as I know they are no longer available to 'joe soap' as the creosote is carcinogenic.

4" from the fireplace for any combustible material is not in accordance with the fire regs so I would suggest a rethink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 foxfordbuild

Roadstone do a stone sleeper if thats any help, I don't see them on their website but they had them in the retail shop on display

Advertisement