Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its crazy how my mind works.

Options
  • 25-02-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I gave up smoking on the spur of the moment 8 years ago. A year ago i went back on them. Well today is the last day of that. I've just smoked my last one. I did it before and i can do it again.

just went food shopping. Bought some decent stuff to snack on. I love making my own muesli and was buying ingredients. Yet there i was moaning and cribbing about the cost of good healthy food that wilt last me days yet yesterday would have had no problem spending 8 quid on smokes. So i decided f*ck it and spent a fortune on good food that i love.

onwards and upwards!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

good on ye!
    it is funny alright
    people complain about petrol when its €1.30/L and
    they walk into the garage and buy 500ml of WATER at €3.00/L !!

anyhoo if i'd given up smoking 8 yrs ago, i'd have probably invested the savings in bank shares... phfeww, close one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 incis

That's so true!
    Good food sometimes seems unaffordable to some, but the same people can afford to smoke 30 a day...To me that is shocking! To be honest I can not even imagine how one can afford to smoke with these prices...quit myself 14 months ago. Do not regret for a second. Can afford so much more for that money :D

Advertisement