Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first Shotgun... Good or Bad Deal?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Chaps,
    I decided to try my hand at sporting clays. I got what I could off the net and after joining a sporting clay club decided to make the purchase. I bought a Beretta 682 Gold sporting with 28" barrels, I initially thought it was a Beretta Gold E and only realized it wasn’t an "E" after I got my license (4 months later and I have a .22lr already) and picked it up. The gun is in excellent condition, couldn’t ask for better, really spotless and working great. But what I described for E1500.
    Good or Bad Deal?
    Id like to know what the experts think of this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

is it new or second hand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I always prefered to use a 30" or 32" for clays. I bought a new Miroku MK38 spoorter for the same as what you paid but I always found I likes shooting Miroku. To be honest all you have to ask yourself are 2 questions. 1. do you find the gun comfortable to shoot with? and 2. are you shooting well with it? You could pay a small fortune and never like how a gun handles and personally once I feel comfortable with how a gun feels to mount and handles, a gun it was worth the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dave-0

endasmail wrote: »
    is it new or second hand ?

It was second hand. One previous owner but I suppose that is always the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i bought a beretta 686 e new for 1850,1500 might have been a tad to much ,but like the lad two posts up said,if it fits and your comfortable with it then it was worth the money

endasmail wrote: »
    i bought a beretta 686 e new for 1850,1500 might have been a tad to much ,but like the lad two posts up said,if it fits and your comfortable with it then it was worth the money

That seems about right alright, I just was interested in the difference between the 682 Gold and 682 Gold E.... But like you said, it ticks all the boxes so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 BIG BANG

Bought a new 686E a couple of years ago for €1600. I believe they are selling for around €2000 new now a days
    I have never had an ounce if trouble with it. Have won a lot of compitions with it. Would love to buy a DT 10 trap gun but the parting of up to €5000 I can not justify. Good luck with your gun

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Dave-0 wrote: »
    I bought a Beretta 682 Gold sporting with 28" barrels, I initially thought it was a Beretta Gold E and only realized it wasn’t an "E" after I got my license (4 months later and I have a .22lr already) and picked it up. The gun is in excellent condition, couldn’t ask for better, really spotless and working great. But what I described for E1500.

That is a good price for a 682 Gold considering a new 682 Gold E will set you back €3000. More important than the price is gun fit - if it fits you then you will probably shoot well - if it doesn't you won't - simple as that.
    Check it on a pattern plate and adjust your stock if necessary - assuming there is an adjustable stock on it.

That is a good price for a 682 Gold considering a new 682 Gold E will set you back €3000. More important than the price is gun fit - if it fits you then you will probably shoot well - if it doesn't you won't - simple as that.
    Check it on a pattern plate and adjust your stock if necessary - assuming there is an adjustable stock on it.

Cheers,
    Unfortunately it doesnt have an adjustable stock. I have a fabricator cutting me a pattern plate as we speak. After a day at the clay ground a few more experienced guys got their hands on the gun and they said its in excellent condition. The reciever is still rather stiff, not loose and flopping open.
    My doubts have been quashed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Good stuff Dave - enjoy the gun and may all your clays be broken!

Advertisement