Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession over: false alarm

Options
  • 25-02-2009 3:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Just heard on the news there, the recession is over. In fact, it turned out to be a drill. Phew!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Grand so. I'm off to get that 120% mortgage that I can't afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

KTRIC wrote: »
    Grand so. I'm off to get that 120% mortgage that I can't afford.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Does this mean I get my job back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

Neesa wrote: »
    Does this mean I get my job back?

Unfortunately not Neesa. You were specifically name checked on the news bulletin, as the only person in Ireland for whom the recession was, in fact, not a drill. I'm very sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Does this mean I can now f*ck the horse I rode in on? Yeehaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Was that a recession? Wasn't so bad so! It felt more like some slight discomfort after a big meal, nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Balls, this means I have to come off the dole? I want to stay on it forever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Good - time to put that deposit on a 6000sq foot mock georgian palace with stables in Birr now?

Anybody who hasn't laid a down-payment on a Ferarri in the last 20 minutes is a fool. Sure with the impending backlog, you could be waiting months now, particularly if you're fussy on colour.

Awh man. Does that mean there wont be any prohibition?

/puts away Al Capone hat

And all those bathtubs will now go to waste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

kmick wrote: »
    Good - time to put that deposit on a 6000sq foot mock georgian palace with stables in Birr now?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2elxr4o.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I guess the depression will turn out to be a drill too :rolleyes:

Might I be so bold as to recommend you bequeath those tubs to 'the help' (assuming you'll now be rehiring your butlers, chefs, maids, resident live-in prostitute etc)? I'm sure the little raggedy, 12-year old, tuberculosis-riddled gardening prodigy who cuts the hedges of your grounds into the shapes of barnyard animals, will be chuffed to live out his days (all 12 of them) with a genuine bathtub at his disposal.

dublinario wrote: »
    Might I be so bold as to recommend you bequeath those tubs to 'the help' (assuming you'll now be rehiring your butlers, chefs, maids, resident live-in prostitute etc)? I'm sure the little raggedy, 12-year old, tuberculosis-riddled gardening prodigy who cuts the hedges of your grounds into the shapes of barnyard animals, will be chuffed to live out his days (all 12 of them) with a genuine bathtub at his disposal.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Awh man. Does that mean there wont be any prohibition?

/puts away Al Capone hat

Don't worry - during the boom bathtub racing is going to become the latest fad! Gold-plated, diamond encrusted bathtubs that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Unfortunately not Neesa. You were specifically name checked on the news bulletin, as the only person in Ireland for whom the recession was, in fact, not a drill. I'm very sorry.

D'oh!

Spare some change?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ay

Neesa wrote: »
    D'oh!
    Spare some change?

No deal, peasant. Now move along, you're making the place look untidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

What Recession? Did I miss something? next you'll be telling me a black man is president of America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

AH traffic will shrink by up to 20% now.

Does this mean Dr Bollocko or Javaboy will be getting p45s?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

stovelid wrote: »
    AH traffic will shrink by up to 20% now.

Does this mean Dr Bollocko or Javaboy will be getting p45s?

Well, teh problem with that is that they're not employees. So maybe boards will hire them just so they can fire them. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

chin_grin wrote: »

Very good effort, but I'm afraid you forget to label the Y-axis. 9/10

Advertisement