Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain name / portfolio management

Options
  • 25-02-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of an online app (preferrably free) that will help me to manage my domains?

I have a number of domains across a number of registrars.

Mainly what I want to monitor is the expiration dates. I need the domains consolidated in one app and reminder emails sent from this app.

I am not selling the domains - just managing them.

If no apps spring to mind perhaps you can tell me somewhere to look for good online apps in general. i.e. http://www.tickspot.com/ is a good time tracking application. I'm looking for the domain equivalent.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Ok - this is the best I've found so far.
    http://www.domaintools.com/monitor/

Anyone got anything better?

Would you trust this crowd?

They are a part of: http://www.nameintelligence.com/

and I think may be linked to moniker.com - Anyone any experience with these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Howitzer, this is something I'd be interested in too.

Keep us updated if you find the right solution!

Just figured out a bit on this domaintools.com/monitor

You have to select custom view from a dropdown.

I can now get all this info:
    Domain mysite.com
    Status locked
    Last Checked 25/02/2009
    Created 25/02/2009
    Expires 25/02/2009
    Updated 25/02/2009
    Registrar godaddy.com
    Name Server godaddy.com
    Comment (I added) ALL OK

So looking like this is the option for me.
    I can then export this to excel to keep a record.

Does not support ccTLD's thought - .ie, .fr, .com.fj etc
    (probably due to difficulty in getting access to whois servers)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Most of the online tools available will only work with com/net/org/info/biz/mobi though I think someone mentioned one which allows you to add ccTLDs a while back (can't remember the name though :( )

It would be the holy grail of online domain tools ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Howitzer wrote: »
    It would be the holy grail of online domain tools ;)
    Yes, but quite hard to do unless you had connections into all the registrars and registries to sync the dates etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I used to have domain names spread across various domain registrars, 2 years ago I transferred them all to one registrar, it is now very easy for me to manage the domain names, I log in and can see what domains are about to expire and renew them if necessary.. easy :)

Thanks for the input - consolidating them in one account is definitely the best approach - but not always possible. Some registrars can't take on various ccTLD's.

It would definitely be my preferred approach though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JoeRow

Last summer I began domain flipping as a hobby and i got stuck into it. I don't host websites on my domains because i'm not interested (for the most part) in developing them. What i do is manage my domains on a site called sedo.com It allows you to park your domains, submit them for auction and find buyers. Its where i keep all my unused domains. I would recommend it if you're not hosting websites on them

Advertisement