Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longboarding

Options
  • 25-02-2009 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey there,

It's been a while since anyone's mentioned longboarding on here so I decided to give a shout out and ask whether anyone's doing much around Dublin? It's hard to find good surfaces and hills around but I dropped into the Phoenix Park on Sunday and found some great spots on the Chapelizod side....a bit busy with cars and kids and bikes etc though but that's Sunday afternoons for you!

Anyone got any recommendations for other places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

The pier in Dun Laoghaire was recently paved with new cut stone and is unreal for longboarding.. especially if you start at the top of the ramp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cash22

I've actually been down there too recently...love it! Especially the lack of railing on the left hand side...watch out for that water:D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

haha yeah I've nearly lost my board a few times trying to do a few slides and crossovers and stuff. If you need some inspiration check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLFZcONQAs

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 blue1980

I'm new to longboarding too and am looking for places to board around dublin. I've been to the phoenix park and found a sweet cycle track.

Does anybody know of any other places around dublin.

Cheers

Advertisement