Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you go from a Canadian WHV to an Immigrant Visa?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I've been reading the Canadian government website on immigration, but can't quiet make head or tails of the issue, I am in an employment category that would have a good chance of getting an immigrant visa.

The way it stands at the moment, I will be granted a WHV very soon, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me, that if I go there as a temporary worker and happen upon a good permanent job that want to keep me on, is it possible to become a permanent resident without having to leave the country first?

Mainly just wondering if anyone has experience have the conditions of their visa changed or gaining permanent residency due to employment.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 burkepie

Hi. I believe it's at the employers discretion but approval must also be granted by the Canadian high commision. Some friends of mine did manage to extend their visas but this was a couple of years ago before the global economy went belly up. I don't know how easy it is now. I'm interested in finding out the answer myself as i'm also leaving shortly for Canada.

Advertisement