Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonights (Tuesday) Eastenders

Options
  • 25-02-2009 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

This is not a racist remark or anything its just a mere observtation, but did anyone catch tonights (Tues) Eastenders?? Did anyone notice that the only people who had a speaking role were of African origin?? Like i said its just an observation, no hidden agendas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Finally they manage to get a reasonable representation of the East End on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

super-rush wrote: »
    This is not a racist remark or anything its just a mere observtation, but did anyone catch tonights (Tues) Eastenders?? Did anyone notice that the only people who had a speaking role were of African origin?? Like i said its just an observation, no hidden agendas.

Maybe because tonights storyline was about race riots that happened in the 70's and the characters involved were all black. The majority of the episode was about said riots and one of the characters was involved in it. It was on in the background and me mam was watching it but even I got what the storyline was and I wasnt directly watching it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Maybe because tonights storyline was about race riots that happened in the 70's and the characters involved were all black. The majority of the episode was about said riots and one of the characters was involved in it. It was on in the background and me mam was watching it but even I got what the storyline was and I wasnt directly watching it. :D

Really? I thought it was Crimewatch that was on....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

super-rush wrote: »

I think it was Eastender directors/producers made history by being the only soap to have an all african-carribean, african etc. cast on a soap for the full length. Think that's it, heard it on the radio.

Advertisement