Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a laptop - best brand?

Options
  • 24-02-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help me. Im going back to college and want to get a new laptop. Im currently using a dell which is great but quite old and needs to be replaced.
    Im looking for 2GB RAM, 250GB hard drive, webcam, 15" - ish screen, plenty of USB capability and will need MS Office so one with this included would be great. I dont know which processor is best so any suggestions on that would be great too. thanks all :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

useing a lenovo laptop myself,it has ibm technologys has all the features that you are looking for,you woundnt get ms office do,you have to buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Dell have accidental damage (ask for it) and I think they even do theft cover. dell reps will cut you a better deal than their www

ms Office? consider open office = foc - or student office for circa 100

lenovo or dell - dell has a better warranty for sure.

whats your budget?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Lenovo, Dell, Toshiba, HP to name a few :)

Nick

As your going back to college.
    You can get MS Office from 70 bucks on http://www.software4students.ie
    incase you need to get it separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sanj2408

Thanks all. I have about €700 to spend but dont mind spending a little more if it is worth my while. I was looking at a Toshiba but I was always happy enough with this dell (I didnt buy it - It was a hand - me - down)
    I suppose Ill just price them and go from there.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

isnt it true that its cheap because them versions of ms office dont have ms office access?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Fred83 wrote: »
    isnt it true that its cheap because them versions of ms office dont have ms office access?

Nope, there cheap as they can only be used for education purposes and not for business use, the enterprise office for example has Access

Nick

Advertisement