Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to paint wooden side gate

Options
  • 24-02-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Was just wondering what the best wood preserve product on the market, to preserve wood like gates, garden fence, sheds etc. Have just face my side gate with timber and just wondering what the best product is to preserve against the rain and elements as down the line i will also be painting the eixsting garden shed and wooden fence paneling, would I be best with ronseal or cuprionol or something like that? There are some many out there dont know which is the best one? Any help or advice on this is greatly appreciated,

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

timber needs to able to breath so use something like sadolins which is pretty much absorbed and u can re do it in a few years with no sanding etc.
    the rougher the timber the more u will use.
    there is also a water based - water repellant product out there: think it is cuprinol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jamesy08

Hi,I have a Timber Swingset Company,can suply website,and i use Ronseal 5Year Antique Pine Satin Stain,its a fab stain,and it dries very fast,so we can use straight away,though for fencing,you might want to go for a fencelife,cuprinol,etc,it wont look as good,and you may have to reuse many times,but it much cheaper.

Advertisement