Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streets of Rage.....2!!!!

Options
  • 24-02-2009 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Today I rediscovered the lost art that is the sega megadrive, best console ever made of all time ever! Say hello to Golden Axe, Streets of Rage (2), and all the old classics!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Fantastic machine was some of my favourite games ever made.....I must dig out mine over the weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

Ah what a classic machine, so many great games, micro machines (4 player) rock n roll racing, sonic 2, the list can go on and on

My mother gave mine away one day I was out college:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

djsim wrote: »
    micro machines (4 player)
    16 player party play ftw! Only the strong survive (and stay awake long enough to play in the finals) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

i traded mine for a ps1 few years ago wish i had of kept it
    some great game could never finish sonic 2 kept dien on massive blimp sky level i think that was the last stage also.

/me shakes fist at no save points in the saga games only pause

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Picked up the ultimate mega drive collection for the 360 yesterday and all the memories came back. Love it.

• Advertisement

ABE wrote: »
    some great game could never finish sonic 2 kept dien on massive blimp sky level i think that was the last stage also.

Yeah i'm failry sure that was the last stage. I will let you know for definite when i finish it again :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

djsim wrote: »
    My mother gave mine away one day I was out college:mad:

My mother threw mine out too! :( I miss it muchly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

viewpost.gif i traded mine for a ps1 few years ago wish i had of kept it

You can use a code to select a level in the sound effects in options.

also there was the sky zone, the sky fortress zone and then the death egg zone

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Today I rediscovered the lost art that is the sega megadrive, best console ever made of all time ever! Say hello to Golden Axe, Streets of Rage (2), and all the old classics!

You said it! :pac:

*Scowls at all the Super Nintendo owners*

o1s1n wrote: »
    You said it! :pac:

*Scowls at all the Super Nintendo owners*

:mad::mad::mad::mad: You're looking for trouble chump :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Bryn wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad: You're looking for trouble chump :p

Sega does what Nintendon't! ;)

stakey wrote: »

Ooooh somebody is feeling very smart ;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Bryn wrote: »
    Ooooh somebody is feeling very smart ;):P

All thanks to my blast processor!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I Loved all 3 Streets of rage games. I guess having grown up on all the Capcom side scrollers and the TMNT arcadces I could get my fix at home! Spent alot of time playing Gunstar heros, Earthworm gym and dare I say it.... Aladdin on my megadrive too.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

ABE wrote: »

abe you disappoint me again!!!! why abe why

you've changed

back to topic always loved streets of rage remember playing it on a little 14" telly all those years ago twas a good time for gaming tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Still my favorite console of all time, so many memories of Streets of rage, shinobi, golden axe, the haunting and loads more. I actually played through SOR2 there on Friday night, and enjoyed every second of it all over again. Plus, our prayers have been answered sega fans \o/ :)

The ultimate collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

stakey wrote: »

yup they stop making console's for one what else the list goes on and on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Wierd.. I had a dream last night that I was playing the last boss on Streets of Rage 1. Then I come on here and there's a topic on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wierd.. I had a dream last night that I was playing the last boss on Streets of Rage 1. Then I come on here and there's a topic on it.

Question is, did you turn evil and side with him or beat his ass? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

Phototoxin wrote: »
    You can use a code to select a level in the sound effects in options.

also there was the sky zone, the sky fortress zone and then the death egg zone

fortress zone i think this was the stage.

mm i must look that code up then i can sleep at night. :D

streets of rage was great eatn turkey out of dust bins lol

some other games like cool spot , toejam and erl , echo , bart and the space mutants
    ( that was a very hard game also)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Question is, did you turn evil and side with him or beat his ass? :D

Same thing that happened me as a kid. I had the Japanese version so I didn't know what to pick and I kept choosing the wrong one by accident and getting send back a load of levels.

SOR 1 & 2 had some of the finest music I've ever heard in a videogame, and that was being produced by a tiny little soundchip! Even with all the advancements with modern games, I have yet to hear anything as memorable as the tunes from the streets of rage series (except number 3 which just felt like it shouldn't have had the SOR name on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

DarkJager wrote: »
    SOR 1 & 2 had some of the finest music I've ever heard in a videogame, and that was being produced by a tiny little soundchip! Even with all the advancements with modern games, I have yet to hear anything as memorable as the tunes from the streets of rage series (except number 3 which just felt like it shouldn't have had the SOR name on it).
    I second this post!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭RodVelvet

Days when it was all about the gameplay, man I would love those days back again. Sod all the graphics nonsence when you could bash away at SOR for a couple of hours.
    SOR3 was indeed a letdown seemed to strip away the fun of the previous two installments.
    Why are no sideways scrolling beat em ups produced anymore?

To be this good takes ages.

What do you think it was about SOR 3 that ruined it? Personally, I just felt that it was completely out of step with what had gone on in the previous 2, the characters were failry ****, the music was horrible "experimental" nonsense, and some of those levels (I'm looking at you samurai subway tunnel) were just yawn inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

What do you think it was about SOR 3 that ruined it? Personally, I just felt that it was completely out of step with what had gone on in the previous 2, the characters were failry ****, the music was horrible "experimental" nonsense, and some of those levels (I'm looking at you samurai subway tunnel) were just yawn inducing.
    Apparently its only the western copys of the game that suck. I can remember there being some controvercy that they destroyed the game and made DRASTIC changes from the asian release.

I agree. There is only one game I put ahead of SOR for music, and that was f-zero on the snes!

Patricide wrote: »
    Apparently its only the western copys of the game that suck. I can remember there being some controvercy that they destroyed the game and made DRASTIC changes from the asian release.

Yeah I've played Bare Knuckle 3 and I found it a lot harder than the SOR3. They also removed the first boss, because to be honest, it was actually gay bashing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Ash was hilarious. You could also play as him too.

"I will slap you so super hard!"

Love SOR1. I always pick Blaze. Blaze clones were tricky :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

played it again last night as my rgb scart arrived in the post. Still looks great and now for me, even better!!

Advertisement