Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good and Bad news today

Options
  • 24-02-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

The Bad: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5795724.ece

new Co2 satellite lost during failed launch (sky news video)

The good or should i say very good news
    http://www.jaxa.jp/visit/tsukuba/index_e.html

It seems the japenese space agency is offering tours or its facalties

"Japan's ambitious space program known as JAXA is looking to horn in on NASA's territory in popular culture by opening its training facility to the public. Next month the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency will begin offering space training tours at its Tsukuba facility in Japan.

The training will allow participants to experience the sheer sci-fi terror and subsequent emergency measures undertaken when an air leak occurs inside the International Space Station, as well as offering up a stroll in one of the lightweight space suits used during space station repairs. The fact that the training tour is also offered in English is big indicator that JAXA wants to internationalize Japan's space program profile. The tours will last up to 45 minutes and will cost from 2,100 to 3,150 yen ($22-$32)"

Thats pretty cool, ive always wanted to go to Japan and thats just another insentive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I think that it's also good - in general - to see that many nations now are pumping more money into their space programs. As far as I'm aware, the funding for the ESA is now greater than NASA's, but I could be wrong. Other nations such as India, Pakistan, China, and Japan are all developing too. Well, Japan has had it's JAXA agency for a long time now, actually.

Advertisement