If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TXSR606 Is there stock available

Options
  • 24-02-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Hi JohnMc,

I'm planning on making a trip up to Belfast this coming Friday. Just wondering can you confirm that the Onkyo TXSR606 in silver is in stock at the moment. I was hoping to get this last month but had to wait for a bonus to happen in work. Still a good deal I take it to be had. :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Macker1 wrote: »
    Hi JohnMc,

I'm planning on making a trip up to Belfast this coming Friday. Just wondering can you confirm that the Onkyo TXSR606 in silver is in stock at the moment. I was hoping to get this last month but had to wait for a bonus to happen in work. Still a good deal I take it to be had. :)

Macker,

The 606 is almost finished now - we are hoping to get one last shipment - but it is not confirmed. However I have a VERY few perfect Open Box units one of which was used by a Boardie for a few days only which I can do at just £299.95..(Full onkyo warranty applies as per usual)

Give me a shout if you would like me to reserve one of these for you.

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

johnmc wrote: »
    Macker,

The 606 is almost finished now - we are hoping to get one last shipment - but it is not confirmed. However I have a VERY few perfect Open Box units one of which was used by a Boardie for a few days only which I can do at just £299.95..(Full onkyo warranty applies as per usual)

Give me a shout if you would like me to reserve one of these for you.

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

As a matter of interest what are the circumstances of the one that was used by a Boardie for a few days. Was it returned after being originally purchased and if so what was the reason. Apologies if I sound pedantic but I'm quite particular when it comes to making a purchase especially when its for myself.

Thanks for the response

Macker1 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest what are the circumstances of the one that was used by a Boardie for a few days. Was it returned after being originally purchased and if so what was the reason. Apologies if I sound pedantic but I'm quite particular when it comes to making a purchase especially when its for myself.

Thanks for the response

Macker,

No problem, they upgraded to an 876 (the rich gits!) if you are interested and the other boardie agrees I can probably put you two in touch so they can give you the full low down - the unit (a black one) was dropped back to my offfice personally and I had a look at it and it was boxed as new - however we would never try to pass it off as new -much rather give you £100 discount! :(

Drop me a line if you are interested and thanks again for the post,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

The reason sounds fair enough..... However I really would be more interested in purchasing a silver model. Do you have any new unopened silver units in stock ??

Macker,

Apologies but no, none left at all insilver brand new boxed - again I have one Open box unit but I don't know the history of this unit.

We do have the Denon AVR1909 in Silver at £299.95 if that was on any interest to you?

ATB,

John mc

• Advertisement

Macker,

Apologies but no, none left at all insilver brand new boxed - again I have one Open box unit but I don't know the history of this unit.

We do have the Denon AVR1909 in Silver at £299.95 if that was on any interest to you?

ATB,

John mc

I still plan to go up to Belfast on Friday with the wife for a bit of shopping and will drop by. If by chance a silver 606 turns up in the meantime (or maybe comes in on the Friday delivery) it would be great. If not I would be glad to have a look at the returned black unit that you mentioned earlier for £299.95 From your comments its obviously in perfect condition so it may be an option but I would like to see it in the flesh.
    You never know but by making a saving on this I may even grasp the opportunity of upgrading my rear speakers whilst I'm there. :)

Sorry meant to ask but whats the general feedback on the Denon 1909 ??

Macker,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I have spoken again to Onkyo and it really does sound as if the 606 is no more and it is unlikely that we will see any fresh stock - especially in silver (there is a possibility of some black).

I have asked the guys to pull out the Open box models so you can have a look and if you ask for Dave he is expecting you and will look after you. (he may even make your partner a cuppa!)

Re the 1909 - it is an amazing product and really there are only 2 products around at this price level and they are the Denon and the Onkyo - they both received universally great reviews. The Onkyo has 4 HDMI inputs against the Denon's 3 but to counter that the Denon possibly sounds slightly better on 2 channel sources. The Denon has actually today gone up to £369.95 in silver but I will hold the £299 price for you over the weekend.

The other Alternative is the excellent Pioneer VSX1018 which we have in stock in black and silver at £329.95 - again ask Dave and he will give you a tour of this!

Happy driving and give us a shout if you need directions or any assistance,

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I've been running the Denon 1909 for a few weeks now - it's a bit akward to set up (Telly,Sky, DVD, PS3), but a quality amp once its up and running. Very happy with it. It's also a lot better looking than the 606, if aesthetics are anything to be concerned about.

Speaking of which...

John - in relation to your odds and sods Monitor sale - Are you open to 300 eurons (not squids) for the white R270s and white R180m collected from the Philips shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I have the Pioneer 1018 that John mentions above (thanks John :pac:) and I'm delighted with it so far, its a super piece of kit.

Its more powerful than either the Denon or Onkyo and it very much looks the part in black too. So I'd deffo recommend having a look at the Pioneer while you are at it.

• Advertisement

Macker,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I have spoken again to Onkyo and it really does sound as if the 606 is no more and it is unlikely that we will see any fresh stock - especially in silver (there is a possibility of some black).

I have asked the guys to pull out the Open box models so you can have a look and if you ask for Dave he is expecting you and will look after you. (he may even make your partner a cuppa!)

Re the 1909 - it is an amazing product and really there are only 2 products around at this price level and they are the Denon and the Onkyo - they both received universally great reviews. The Onkyo has 4 HDMI inputs against the Denon's 3 but to counter that the Denon possibly sounds slightly better on 2 channel sources. The Denon has actually today gone up to £369.95 in silver but I will hold the £299 price for you over the weekend.

The other Alternative is the excellent Pioneer VSX1018 which we have in stock in black and silver at £329.95 - again ask Dave and he will give you a tour of this!

Happy driving and give us a shout if you need directions or any assistance,

ATB,

John Mc

I'm really looking forward to my visit. Like a child in a candy shop :D:D

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I have the Pioneer 1018 that John mentions above (thanks John :pac:) and I'm delighted with it so far, its a super piece of kit.

Its more powerful than either the Denon or Onkyo and it very much looks the part in black too. So I'd deffo recommend having a look at the Pioneer while you are at it.

Thanks for the input....

Just back in the door from Belfast. Enjoyed the trip and splurged some of my sheckles in a very unpatriotic way on a new amp/rec and set of rear speakers.

I have to say that I have yet again been impressed by the service that I received during my visit to RS Belfast. As planned I made my trip up north yesterday for a bit of shopping. The folks in RS once again provided a courteous and professional service. The Onkyo 606 was not available but I had already been given two alternative options which were considered. I eventually settled on the Denon 1909 in silver due to the favourable reviews online and the positive input from Paul (thanks again Paul :D) from RS. No hard sell, plenty of discussion and most of all a willingness to listen. It goes to show that Paul and the rest of the team are used to dealing with the broad spectrum of customers some with limited knowledge and others that know exactly what they are looking for. To cap it off was the fact that I got the Denon1909 at an excellent price which is always a good thing. Due to the saving of the funds on the amp/rec I decided to upgrade the rears with the purchase of Monitor Audio BR1's.:)

If anyone is looking for equipment I would not hesitate to recommend a visit to RS in Belfast. If you know what you looking for just ring ahead or open up some dialogue with JohnMc online here in Boards.ie. I've no doubt that the guys will be able to help out.

PS..... Due to being quite tired after the shopping trip I decided to leave the setup till Saturday (sacrilege I know :(). I will post an update when I get it setup and try out a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

hey john

any 606's left or do u expect to get anymore in?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.