Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showing 1 - 12 of 85,707 Results

Options
  • 24-02-2009 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Thats for a search on amazon.com of the word "Holocaust".
    A search for "India Holocaust" Showing 1 - 12 of 295 Results.

How can the British Empire from 1876 - 1878 murder at least 29 Million people by British Government state policy and so little information is available?
    I mean come on........Is there some crowd filtering what info we get or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

From the title I thought this was going to be about the fact that 85707 upside down on a calculator says "LOLSB". Who the hell is SB?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

amacachi wrote: »
    From the title I thought this was going to be about the fact that 85707 upside down on a calculator says "LOLSB". Who the hell is SB?

Sirius Black :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

There was no Indian holocaust. "Holocaust" means "complete burning" ala concentration camps. "Genocide" is a concerted effort to eradicate a race or culture, which is closer to what you're after, but not the same thing as a/the holocaust, nor is it accurate. British laissez-faire policy, as atrocious as it was, was not a concerted effort. It was "letting things take their course" rather than "forcing death".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Do you think that is because nobody refers to it a the "india holocaust?" When you seach "British Raj" you get almost 5000 results. There you will find all the uncensored history on the period you care to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Sorry lads maybe i used the wrong words for the search.India Genocide should of been what I searched.
    British laissez-faire policy, as atrocious as it was, was not a concerted effort. It was "letting things take their course" rather than "forcing death".
    As in exporting grain when people were starving?Or 94% yearly mortality rate in the labour camps in india?
    Anyway seems some people get all the attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

As in exporting grain when people were starving?
    Yes. The Irish Famine, for example. wasn't genocide. Atrocious policy, but not a definite attempt to kill. Similarly the EU Common Agricultural Policy is resulting in thousands of deaths in Africa, but it's not genocide, just bad policy.
    Or 94% yearly mortality rate in the labour camps in india?

Reference?

Advertisement