Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVG won't update

Options
  • 23-02-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭

Every time I turn on my PC AVG tries to update and then requests a re-start, but nothing actually happens. It's the same when I try to update manually from the AVG interface panel. The last update I have is dated 2nd February. I tried downloading the individual components of the update from the Grisoft site and updating from a directory on my PC, but the update manager ran for a second or two and nothing happened. I'm running Vista Home Premium and the last version of AVG that installed is Free Edition v. 8.0.233.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to get it to install properly?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

I am having the same problem. Tried uninstalling but still not updating automatically. Problem seems to be on the AVG side.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, well at least I know it's not something I've done if you're having the same problem. Hopefully they'll come up with a fix for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I don't think that Grisoft are giving free updates with v 8.
    I looked at updateing to v 8 last year but something on their site indicated to me that that was the case. I'm still on 7.5 with no problems with updates (so far).

In fact I've just downloaded the latest update to make sure.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's been updating fine for months until now, so they've definitely been providing free updates.

Advertisement