Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading Motorhome in the UK

Options
  • 23-02-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi i am new to this Forum, so i hope i am posting correctly. We are trading in our Motorhome in the UK, so is there any paper work that we should have completed before we go to pick up our new van. What i mean is paper work on the van we are bringing to the UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I think you'll only need to update the vehicle registration document once you sell/trade the vehicle. This needs to be sent to Shannon.
    If you have any outstanding finance on the vehicle then perhaps you need to notify the finance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

hi Bessa

Are you "trading in" for another motorhome? or selling privately over there?

I've never heard of it done before, thats all!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

We are trading in our Motorhome over there, with a dealer. We went to the NEC in Bermingham and we were surprised that they take trade- ins from ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

stapeler wrote: »
    I think you'll only need to update the vehicle registration document once you sell/trade the vehicle. This needs to be sent to Shannon.
    If you have any outstanding finance on the vehicle then perhaps you need to notify the finance company.

Hi Stapeler,
    I was just wondering if the Dealer in the UK has to send the reg. form to Shannon for change of ownership, as is done by the dealer here when you are trading in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I guess the dealer in the UK will require the Vehicle registration document to present to DVLA to register it as a UK vehicle. DVLA will probably send this or notify Shannon that the vehicle is no longer Irish.
    Perhaps a call to Dept. of Environment in Shannon may clarify all.

Good luck with your purchase

• Advertisement
Advertisement