Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery

Options
  • 23-02-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a dell Inspiron about a year and a half now and a few weeks back when i log on an icon is telling me that the battery is reaching the end of its usable life?and also when i turn on the laptop it says it doesnt recognize the battery but it still works. isint the whole point of having a battery is that it always charges?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Batteries will wear over time, your laptop is telling you that it's ability to hold a charge is diminishing, it happens, but it will still work, just not as long as it once did. If you need your laptop on the go, then buying a new battery is the only solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

ah right ok cheers, its only used at home, so it should be fine for a while longer, but that icon and startup thing is annoying me so i may just order a new one.

Advertisement