Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai invest in hurleys - Pepper spray plans shelved.

Options
  • 23-02-2009 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0223/westmanstown.html

This story is just what I needed this morning, guards disarm two men by kicking a gun out of one's hand and battering the other with a hurley.

Bleedin savage!

And I'm not taking the piss with this one, I really think this is a good news story. Fair play to the two cops involved.

I always heard them Moldovans were shady ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Feudin and grudge bearin...sure theres none of that here before the EU....

Actually, I'd prefer the cops to have hurleys rather than pepper spray meself. Less likely to be abused. And its home grown technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

then a garda from Tallaght got a hurley and subdued him.
    LOL, what a great sentence :D
    Reminds me of how the yanks sugar-coat taser use with phrases like "gain compliance".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Lol, I love how they added in he was from Tallaght, but nout about the other chaps background.

Fair play to the two lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I think they were insinuating that because he was from Tallaght, he wouldn't know how to handle any piece of GAA equipment ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Ste.phen wrote: »
    I think they were insinuating that because he was from Tallaght, he wouldn't know how to handle any piece of GAA equipment ;-)

We use guns, Like real men :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ste.phen wrote: »

I'm sure they could stuff it inside a jacket as quick as the next thing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Fair play to Dublin hurling, it's really coming along. They've beaten Cork and Galway and now this guy from Tallaght is showing real promise. This is the badly-needed shake-up that Leinster hurling needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wow, this is priceless, would have loved to see that scene!

Screw the Moldovans though, let them kill eachother off as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I hope dat garda had a legitimate reason for having a hurley on him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ban hurleys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 22moomoo

A friend of mine had his hurley taken off him on the way to a junior league game by a garda on patrol. She was even going to charge him with posession of an offensive weapon!!
    I'm not even joking and he wasnt a shady bloke at all, was genuinely going to a game. Think she was one of the foreign nationals that recently passed out of templemore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

So any word which hurley manufacturer has won the mulit-million euro contract off the government to design and produce retractable hurley sticks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Great news story.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

22moomoo wrote: »
    A friend of mine had his hurley taken off him on the way to a junior league game by a garda on patrol. She was even going to charge him with posession of an offensive weapon!!
    I'm not even joking and he wasnt a shady bloke at all, was genuinely going to a game. Think she was one of the foreign nationals that recently passed out of templemore!!

Do these wonderous creatures exist now? What happens when you start speaking irish to them if they're giving you any guff like the above? fordin coppers...only in ireland..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i think you are missing the more serious part of the story

how in flips name can you shoot someone 7 times in a confined space and not kill them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hey, I know. Let's go to a place where the Gardaí work out in a gym, some get pissed in the bar and where others are playing hurling. Then let's have a shoot-out.
    ****ing idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

how in flips name can you shoot someone 7 times in a confined space and not kill them :confused:
    With a Moldavian gun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Terry wrote: »
    Hey, I know. Let's go to a place where the Gardaí work out in a gym, some get pissed in the bar and where others are playing hurling. Then let's have a shoot-out.
    ****ing idiots.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

i think you are missing the more serious part of the story

biko wrote: »
    With a Moldavian gun

I tried yer man that €2.20 was too much of a bargain.

Seriously, one gun can't kill a guy with 7 shots and the other gun jams. Of all the poxy luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Rb wrote: »
    Screw the Moldovans though, let them kill eachother off as far as I'm concerned.
    What can you possibly have against Moldovans?

We only have about twenty of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

What can you possibly have against Moldovans?

We only have about twenty of them.

Still, despite one members best efforts

Advertisement