Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for travel laptop

Options
  • 22-02-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going travelling in a bit and I need options for a cheap laptop that could survive 8 months of being lumped around the back of beyonds. It will primarily be used for surfing and storage. As money is very tight, I really cant afford more than 400 Eur in total.

I have been looking at the HP Mini Note 2133. It ticks most boxes (decent sized HDD, OK processor, excellent price and very portable) but it uses Linux, which I've heard can be tricky for those not familiar with it.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I've been reading through the Samsung NC10 thread and it looks like a great option. Would people think this is the most competitive netbook out there for under 400?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Google netbook reviews and they'll all lead you to the NC10. I'm using mine two months now without any complaints.

Check the large thread for more info.

Advertisement