Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retoring old PS1 games

Options
  • 22-02-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Was hunting through my old ps1 games, got this craving to suddenly play Final Fantasy VI (PS1 version). Unfortunitly theres a nasty scratch on the disc thats stopping me from getting past the intro scene...figure someone on boards could advice me on removing scratchs from PS1 discs.

Does anyone know of a shop maybe in dublin that restores your old gaming discs?

Any info is appreciated...thanx ^_^

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Xtravision or one of those shops has a service that will restore cd and dvd based media, no worries.
    I got one or two of my games done that way a while ago and they work fine now.

Depends on a severity of the scratch too mind, but they should be able to do something.
    Steer clear of those crap kits you can get, most of them suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Yea i wouldnt go near the home kits or putting toothpaste on the disc or anything. Ive worked in Xtravision so not sure id trust them either lol...which one did you get your discs fixed up in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Game on Dawson street or Smyth's off Parnell street both do resurfacing of damaged cds for whatever machine, i think it's 5 euro a disc but you get a discount if you repair a few at one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vivi Ornitier

Which is better, game or Symths?...hopfully they're both perfessional they wont **** up my discs...old FF games are expensive to pick up now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*cough*emulation*cough* ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *cough*emulation*cough* ;)

Gzaktly!

That or ebay, will probably cost you less than restoring the cd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Depending on how badly it's scratched your pc might be able to read the disk. If this works you could always create an image for emulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Buy another copy. It was one of the best selling games on the Playstation so the place is awash with copies selling for peanuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

get one of them disk cleaners in ebay/shops,you put some fluid on it *which i heard its just water*,turn the handle and it lifts a layer off the disk,but still makes it work *or something like that

Advertisement