Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have doner kebabs got smaller?

Options
  • 22-02-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi, i love a good doner kebab but have recently noticed that the last 3 kebabs all bought in different chippers accross dublin 16/14 have been half the size.. the pitta is the same but the fillings have been cut in half...

has anyone else noticed this, and does anyone know where i can get a real doner kebab?

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Have you tried Sylvios or Macaris. Their Doner kebabs seems reasobably sized to me. It could be that you're just getting bigger and it's not them getting smaller :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭quinnie123ie

LOL, silvios is one of the culprits...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

way home firday night.. i ate 2 kebabs from momo's. In the past i remember them beiung bigger alright. It was weird because 4 of us got a second kebab..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭quinnie123ie

thats what i am talking about, i remember a time when kebabs were bursting at the seams with lambs face and chilli sauce and lettuce...

it doesnt seem that long ago either... i am slowely but surely working my way through the local chippers and when i find one who hasnt tightened their belts i will stop there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I notice "giant" batter burgers are no longer giant.More normal size,which i suppose could serve as "giant" for midgets.
    Anyway,if its a big kebab you want to check out Some Like It Hot in drumcondra,they do a kebab in a box so there's no bread getting in the way of the greasy meat and gloopy sauce.

• Advertisement
Advertisement