Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mobile Phone Rip Off - NEW

Options
  • 21-02-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭

6 months ago I bought a new mobile phone for 60euro and received around 40euro free credit with it.

My brother went to an O2 and Vodafone shop today to buy the same phone. He was offered 5euro free credit.

The same has happened regarding all mobile phones.

I'm not sure if this is the greedy multi billionaire phone producers (nokia etc.) or the multi billionaire or the equally filthy rich mobile phone retailers (e.g. 02, vodafone).

Cost of living is falling indeed. The greatest lie of 2008/09 :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Actually you still get €40 with upgrade handsets with o2 it just comes in the form of €5 per month P.S there is a recession so its not about being greedy :( you also get credit with new phones especially if you port your number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

K4t wrote: »
    6 months ago I bought a new mobile phone for 60euro and received around 40euro free credit with it.

My brother went to an O2 and Vodafone shop today to buy the same phone. He was offered 5euro free credit.

The same has happened regarding all mobile phones.

I'm not sure if this is the greedy multi billionaire phone producers (nokia etc.) or the multi billionaire or the equally filthy rich mobile phone retailers (e.g. 02, vodafone).

Cost of living is falling indeed. The greatest lie of 2008/09 :rolleyes:

The solution here is simple:

Buy a couple of Tesco phones. They have the best deals around.
    The sony Ericsson W200i is only €20 and comes with up to €70 call credit. Some stores also have the Nokia 6300 left which costs around €80 and comes with €125 call credit.
    Tesco phones have great coverage as they are on the 02 Network. The call costs are the cheapest around at only 20c a minute to any network at any time of day. It is also free to call and text anyone else on a Tesco Mobile when you top up by €20 a month.
    As well as all that when you top up by €20 you get €20 free and this offer is for life. You definitely won't be able to beat this offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

radiofreak wrote: »
    The solution here is simple:

Buy a couple of Tesco phones. They have the best deals around.
    The sony Ericsson W200i is only €20 and comes with up to €70 call credit. Some stores also have the Nokia 6300 left which costs around €80 and comes with €125 call credit.
    Tesco phones have great coverage as they are on the 02 Network. The call costs are the cheapest around at only 20c a minute to any network at any time of day. It is also free to call and text anyone else on a Tesco Mobile when you top up by €20 a month.
    As well as all that when you top up by €20 you get €20 free and this offer is for life. You definitely won't be able to beat this offer.

As you obviously work for marketing in Tesco, perhaps you could tell us which stores have the w200i for €20. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Also tesco dont give phone upgrades or free credit other than the €5 on the sim.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Of ocurse in the UK TescoMob are tripling peoples credit - buy 15 get 45 'cos every little helps......

• Advertisement

which stores have the w200i for €20. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'm not sure but they do have it on their site tescomobile.ie

ch750536 wrote: »
    Also tesco dont give phone upgrades or free credit other than the €5 on the sim.

The phone I got had €10 credit already on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

which stores have the w200i for €20. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure but they do have it on their site tescomobile.ie[/QUOTE]

This site? http://shop.tescomobile.ie/phones/index.aspx
    Damned if I can find it. Link?

Sorry bmaxi,

They have obviously taken it off their site.
    But they still have some of them in stock, definitely in their larger stores.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Sorry bmaxi,

They have obviously taken it off their site.
    But they still have some of them in stock, definitely in their larger stores.

None in Mahon Point. Though even if they had they wouldn't have the price on it.

The space cadets there seem to have a problem in having a price and a product on the shelf at the same time..

• Advertisement
Advertisement