Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with recent virus exposure

Options
  • 21-02-2009 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have limited IT knowledge and I am a little concerned about a recent warning from my antivirus software. I would appreciate it if someone could explain how I am fixed.

I did a search on google for daft.ie and clicked into the first link I got, which had daft.ie highlighted in blue, so I though it was in the right place.

When I went into the site, my Symantec antivirus kicked in, the site I was in was actually Leonardo-energy.org, I closed it and the website and the antivirus, deleted the history on the Internet explorer. I ran a full scan using the Symantec and it has come back clear – however in the history of threats it has two files listed - bloodhound.exploite.196 and trojan horse – under status it says that these files are “left alone”, it said the primary action was to “clean security risk” and the secondary action was “quarantine”

It gives what is called the original location as being in the ……….temporary Internet files\content………. That folder should be in the local settings folder but I cannot see it, I have all hidden files selected as viewable, is this an issue??

Everything seems to be working ok, is there anything else that I need to do??

Comments

Advertisement