Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banjo Kazooie

Options
  • 21-02-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭

I absolutely loved the game, anyone else here a fan?

Freezeezy peak is one fantastic level.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Just bought this on adverts today ( pick up on Thursday ) but have never played it......

Reviews say it is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

you'll love it, fantastic game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I remember playing it on the N64, still have it somewhere.
    A very very good game, big too.

I always found Donkey Kong 64 too damn big, Banjo Tooie is another one I never played, but have the cart somewhere.

Best off all this breed of game, classic 3D platformers by Rare for the N64 is Conker, absolutely fantastic, and filthy!!!
    Really nice movie satire in for good measure, Saving Private Ryan, Terminator and The Matrix all get slagged, not to mention Aliens...

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Ah it was class, one of the best on the console

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a very good game but i think a little overrated. Some of the challenges are frustrating and rusty bucket bay is a nasty level. I had fun with it when I played it a while back but it doesn't hold a candle to Mario 64.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I love it! Great music, gameplay and levels. Gruntilda is class with her rhymes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I personally think it was the best platformer ever. Mario 64 always seemed like the most ovverrated game ever made to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a very good game but i think a little overrated. Some of the challenges are frustrating and rusty bucket bay is a nasty level. I had fun with it when I played it a while back but it doesn't hold a candle to Mario 64.

Exactly Mario 64 is still the best platformer there is nothing comes near it.
    And what makes Mario 64 so good is the almost limitless possibility of completing the game and the fact that give the game to a kid it is a totally different game to some one that knows the games engine.

Oh and back on the subject of Banjo kazooie, you can Download the original game on xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

appleidog wrote: »
    Exactly Mario 64 is still the best platformer there is nothing comes near it.

Hmm. Still have to say, it never was to my taste. Banjo Kazooie either. I never did get the whole 3d platformer thing. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I won my copy of BK back in the day from some Nintendo magazine. Totally loved it. My other half started playing it last year and she got addicted to it. Great game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement