Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps that you would like for iphone

Options
  • 21-02-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I am doing market research for a project relating to mobiles.
    Part of it is around uses of pda etc. So I was wondering what are peoples thoughts on the types of applications people would find usefull that are not available for the iphone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Full bluetooth usage , like transferring files , music etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Kenno90 wrote: »

+1 on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 davitto

Can you give an example of how this would work

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

But that's hardly an application, that's a feature of the phone that is missing.

To enable transfer of files/photos the phone needs to allow it so that software can be written.

Personally, I would like to see a proper navigation application that gives turn-by-turn directions like regular sat navs.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

A DART timetable with live status updates, like the apps for the London Underground. I believe the data is available from the DART website and there are a couple of apps that allow you to encode timetables, but I don't have the technical skills (or the time!) to do that myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Tonio

Slingplayer

Anyone know if there are plans to release it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Linux or rockbox with full hardware support. iphonelinux needs a lot more work. if they could have a driver for that virtual laser keyboard thingy it would almost be a usable phone

the apple OS on it is pants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Tonio wrote: »
    Slingplayer

Yes, search engadget.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 davitto

Excellent. Thanks for your input. Please Keep the suggestions coming. Do many people use the phone for work related activities and are they app that would benefit a work scenario

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Something that would do this:

http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/

(a keyboard projected onto a desk that works with the phone, so you could write on it when out).

There's another thread here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055489917

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Tonio wrote: »
    Slingplayer

Its out but only in the UK and US store because of fecking marketing. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Apple Media Devices

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

rom wrote: »
    Its out but only in the UK and US store because of fecking marketing. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's isn't exactly Rocket Science to set yourself up with a UK account, you know? ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

sushisushi wrote: »
    A DART timetable with live status updates, like the apps for the London Underground. I believe the data is available from the DART website and there are a couple of apps that allow you to encode timetables, but I don't have the technical skills (or the time!) to do that myself.
    +1
    Have wished for this one many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

and also mms send feature like sending picture msgs

Advertisement