Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore

Options
  • 21-02-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Anybody out? Heard its good, hard to make out on low tide on cam!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Um,

that pic dates back to Nov 2006. What you need to do if you want to figure out what beaches are working is pull the buoy data from here. M5 is just off Waterford and will provide you with tonnes of relevant info if you care to check. Get a compass for the wind directions as its in degrees not SW etc.

Here will also give you lots of info as to whats happening as opposed to our completely crap met service that tells you nothing at all really.

Maybe a mod would consider putting the info up as a sticky instead of having to rely on largely inaccurate information from Magicseaweed or some other crap site.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

thanks for the info, the picture i posted is dated 21st of february, theres a live cam on the internet for tramore, its a screen shot, though your links were helpfull thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

neon_glows wrote: »
    the picture i posted is dated 21st of february

Apologies. My browser seems to have issues with that website.

K-

Today looks alright too, photo attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

yep it looks okay, but is it breaking on the shore?

• Advertisement

yeah surf was aparently wicked today...
    didnt get out myself, all the lads seem to have a great time though, aparently much better than it looked on the cam, its the problem with the cam there, the angle is crap.

keep the links coming!! whats the forcast for the weekend - saturday

Its early yet to say but i think saturday looks good, im going by magicseaweed.... http://magicseaweed.com/Tramore-Surf-Report/55/

Surf was okay in tbay today if anyone got out for a dawny on the high tide!!! Yikes 1 - 2 foot! At least the waves dont get depressed in recession :D

what's it like now

• Advertisement

Not been out today :( Looks to be about 2 foot at best though, summers day :D Damn! Did you get out smythire....

Any joys with sortingo ut lift?

gave it a miss today, but i will truck up to portrush/silgo for paddy's day.

nice sounds like a plan, let us know how u get on!
    smithyire is the east coast surf club very active? do they do any trips down south? maybe they can do lifts...!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lilian

I am planning to go over there next week end,Does anyone can recommend me any good/cheap accomodations?
    I supposed it si really hard to say now what will be the conditions for the week end.MSW reports Chest high waves but is it really reliable ?
    Thanks

Advertisement