Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ALMC Rally and Performance Car Show April 19th in aid of Jack and Jill Foundation

Options
  • 21-02-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

From Press Release on www.octane.ie http://www.octane.ie/news/article.php?id=514
    ALMC wrote:
    Octane.ie teams up with the ALMC Motorclub and City North Hotel to bring you...

ALMC MOTORCLUB CAR SHOW AND DINNER DANCE – APRIL 18/19

Some of the fastest cars in Ireland are coming to a halt in aid of the Jack & Jill Foundation this April.

Road-going supercars from the 60’s to the present day line up alongside iconic rally cars and track racers in a unique exhibition hosted by ALMC Motor Club, at City North Hotel on Sunday 19th April.

Entry is free, and all the family can get up close to famous marques such as Fiat/Abarth, Lancia, Ford/RS, Subaru, Mitsubishi, AMG, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, TVR, Lotus, MGB, Mini … many of which have never been on show before in Ireland!

The high point of the show will be a raffle with incredible motoring prizes, with all proceeds going to the Jack & Jill Foundation. Books of tickets are available on the day, or in advance from www.almcmotorshow.com, and prizes include :

1st Trip for two to a 2009 Euro Grand Prix – voucher, value €1200.

2nd One day package for Rally School Ireland, value €650.

3rd Newbridge Silver Canteen, value €600.

4th Night out for two at City North hotel (dinner with wine, champagne reception, suite accommodation), value €400.

5th Voucher for Wheelspin tyre centre, €200.

This unique show is a combination of the stunning cars owned by members of AMLC Motor Club, Octane.ie and racing and performance car owners from around Ireland. Running from 11:30am to 5:00pm in a reserved section of the car park at City North Hotel, the show will also feature exhibitor stands and children’s entertainment.

All are welcome to an amazing show of incredible machinery!

In addition, ALMC is holding its 45th anniversary dinner dance on Saturday night April 18, also at City North Hotel – tickets are on sale at €37.50 from the contacts below.

Contacts for raffle and dinner dance tickets –

John Carroll 087-2654241

Raymond Scullion 087-6... (Homeflair, West St., Drogheda)

Joe Butler 087-9080304

(BACKGROUND)

The ALMC Motor Club www.almc.ie was founded in 1963, with operations currently based at the City North Hotel. Club activities generally centre on two annual club events – the ALMC stages rally, and a rally sprint. The 2009 stages rally will be held locally on July 19, with details available at www.almcstagesrally.com.

www.Octane.ie is a non-profit website created and run by Irish car enthusiasts, celebrating all marques and organising trackdays and motoring events for its members.

City North Hotel www.citynorthhotel.com is a contemporary four star hotel that combines comfort and style, with a touch of luxury. Located north of Dublin and situated just off Junction 7 on the M1, CityNorth Hotel, Meath is easy to find and convenient to get to.

The Jack and Jill Foundation www.jackandjill.ie provides early intervention home respite to families with children up to the age of 4, with severe neuro developmental delay and palliative conditions requiring extensive medical and nursing care at home.

Click Here To Visit The Forum Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 freq modulated

This is going to be a great day and more importantly it is for a great charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

From what I believe will be in attendance on the day, this will be an occasion not to be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Cool - reckon I'll make this, it's for a great cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 freq modulated

klaus23 wrote: »
    From what I believe will be in attendance on the day, this will be an occasion not to be missed.

Indeed. Was speaking to one of the organisers lately and the list is growing to be nothing short of epic. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Definitly an amazing cause. I'll be there for sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ohh, nice, will try make it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mr Quiet

Hope to make it with my camera :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ditcar

Looks like its going to a massive day out(this sunday), hear over 150 cars on the day, serious amount of Supercars and interesting stuff too.... All for charity and seems to be first big all round car show in the country in a good while. All for Jack and Jill ,free entry,get the family out,weather should be good!

jordan 191 ex-barrichello (the 7-up livery)
    A1GP car,
    F3000,
    rs500 cosworth,
    austin healey 3000,
    lotus cortinas mk I and II,
    lotus carlton,
    ford anglia 105e rally car,
    fiat 131 abarth rallye,
    fiat 131 Gp2 race car,
    1000TC race car,
    600 abarth race car,
    hillman rallye Imp x2,
    lots of e30 m3's : road and race cars,
    ferrari 355,
    ferrari 360,
    mitsubishi evo 10 road car,
    mitsubishi evo 10 GpN rally car,
    ford focus wrc rally car,
    lancia integrale evo,
    1969 merc 450,
    CL63 AMG,
    911 race car,
    ferrari bb512,
    ferrari 308gtb,
    audi r8,
    lotus s2 exige race car,
    honda s1 elise race car,
    ac cobra,
    lotus esprit s2,
    tvr tuscan s,
    ariel atom 3 300,
    lotus cortina mk II,
    bmw m-coupe,
    impreza sti c-spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bugger, this clashes with the classics in Durrow.

http://www.citynorthhotel.com/find-us

Directions, only 20 min or less on a Sunday from Airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

ditcar wrote: »
    Looks like its going to a massive day out(this sunday), hear over 150 cars on the day, serious amount of Supercars and interesting stuff too.... All for charity and seems to be first big all round car show in the country in a good while. All for Jack and Jill ,free entry,get the family out,weather should be good!

jordan 191 ex-barrichello (the 7-up livery)
    A1GP car,
    F3000,
    rs500 cosworth,
    austin healey 3000,
    lotus cortinas mk I and II,
    lotus carlton,
    ford anglia 105e rally car,
    fiat 131 abarth rallye,
    fiat 131 Gp2 race car,
    1000TC race car,
    600 abarth race car,
    hillman rallye Imp x2,
    lots of e30 m3's : road and race cars,
    ferrari 355,
    ferrari 360,
    mitsubishi evo 10 road car,
    mitsubishi evo 10 GpN rally car,
    ford focus wrc rally car,
    lancia integrale evo,
    1969 merc 450,
    CL63 AMG,
    911 race car,
    ferrari bb512,
    ferrari 308gtb,
    audi r8,
    lotus s2 exige race car,
    honda s1 elise race car,
    ac cobra,
    lotus esprit s2,
    tvr tuscan s,
    ariel atom 3 300,
    lotus cortina mk II,
    bmw m-coupe,
    impreza sti c-spec.

are all these cars going to be there???,some great pictures to go on "heres what i saw today" hopefully,

Yeap they'll all be there (copied them from octane.ie )Thats only sample of cars , gona make for some amount of photos, lambo diablo/gallardos. Tvr's, supercars sections, rally sections, Lotus sections.

Forgot about this, thanks for the bump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I saw a poster for this, the Da lives 5 mins from the hotel so I think we'll drive down in the oul Daimler! Totally forgot about it til I saw this thread!
    Funxy wrote: »
    Definitly an amazing cause. I'll be there for sure

Bring the TVR!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ya very good cause..

pitty i was working to day and tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

afatbollix wrote: »
    how was it?
    Awesome!

Here are some fave pics from the day:

220ss.jpg
    abarthp.jpg
    cinqabarth.jpg
    delta.jpg
    evox.jpg
    fiatabarth1000.jpg
    hondabike.jpg
    lotuscortina2.jpg
    lotuscortina.jpg
    maserati52.jpg
    trav8.jpg

Hats off to Octane.ie and ALMC.

Was a really good day! Nice weather, nice cars, nice people, pretty successful for me (cause I got taken for a spin in a Ferrari :D).

I've posted some pics in the HWST thread here and in the classic section, I've some of them uploaded here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Was there for a few hours myself - well worth the trip. Didnt know they were giving spins :eek:

Advertisement