Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop hates me+refuses to turn on :(

Options
  • 20-02-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

My laptop has officially given up on me!
    For some reason it's just stopped turning on for me. All the little lights turn on and the opening screen for HP comes up then a little blinky white line. When i keep pressing the enter button it says operating system not found.
    If i turn it on and off enough time eventually windows turns on but it takes for ever. HELP! I'm lost without my laptop!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sounds like the hard drive may be damaged. Did it take a knock?

You could try a Repair Install of Windows. It won't delete any of your files, and is generally safe enough to try. You have nothing to lose.

However, if the hard drive is damaged, you will have no option but to buy a new hard drive and reinstall Windows onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

It could be just the MBR that's corrupted or something?

Advertisement