Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone forum

Options
  • 20-02-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Is there a dedicated iPhone forum in here? If not, why not, cause I'm sure it would be of great use to most of us in here.

Should there be a dedicated iPhone sub-forum? 28 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    67% 19 votes
    It's just a phone, get over it.
    10% 3 votes
    If there is, there should be a Nokia one too.
    21% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

its just a phone, get over it . This has been discussed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Do you have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

It would be handy in helping me ignore stupid/lazy questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I have an iPhone but I don't think it should have it's own forum. In the existing forum, the questions clearly indicate in the title which phone people are using, making it easy to skip the questions you don't care about.

Basides, it's always interesting to see the iPhone bashers wade into the threads with their tuppence worth of iPhone envy... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Basides, it's always interesting to see the iPhone bashers wade into the threads with their tuppence worth of iPhone envy... :)

:eek:

I bought an unlocked iphone best part of 18 months ago for €350. After having it for some time, decided that the fact it didnt do MMS, didnt do video, would allow not blutooth connectivty to anything else other than headset ...that this phone was a brick and sold it to a bloke in the west for €550. thats the best thing I got out of my iphone....:P

Not a basher but a previous owner.
    :D :P

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

er having it for some time, decided that the fact it didnt do MMS, didnt do video, would allow not blutooth connectivty to anything else other than headset ...that this phone was a brick

You put a lot of research into that purchase, didnt you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

The fact you think people envy the iphone or its owner is the very reason I do not like iphone users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

The fact you think people envy the iphone or its owner is the very reason I do not like iphone users.

Sorry, I meant that as a bit of a joke, perhaps you missed the little smiley fella at the end of the comment. However, you have to admit that there really isn't any other phone out there that has people so divided. There are those that adore it and those that abhor it. I find it funny that in many of the iPhone threads on this site and others, someone declares their dislike for the phone or ponders on the mental capacity of the phone's user base. These type of comments are rarely posted in Sony Ericsson/Nokia/whatever threads.

My iPhone is an essential work tool at this stage. It's also a pretty handy multimedia device. I don't think that having one makes anybody envious of me or it, if it does then they're the saddos, not me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Sorry, I meant that as a bit of a joke, perhaps you missed the little smiley fella at the end of the comment. However, you have to admit that there really isn't any other phone out there that has people so divided. There are those that adore it and those that abhor it. I find it funny that in many of the iPhone threads on this site and others, someone declares their dislike for the phone or ponders on the mental capacity of the phone's user base. These type of comments are rarely posted in Sony Ericsson/Nokia/whatever threads.

My iPhone is an essential work tool at this stage. It's also a pretty handy multimedia device. I don't think that having one makes anybody envious of me or it, if it does then they're the saddos, not me. :)
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

This has been brought up many times before.

See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58732381&postcount=12

I think it's a good idea but it's not a decision for the mobiles mods to make. See the links in that post.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Random wrote: »
    This has been brought up many times before.

See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58732381&postcount=12

I think it's a good idea but it's not a decision for the mobiles mods to make. See the links in that post.

Cheers

Right, I've taken the proverbial bull by the horns and started a thread over in the Forums, em, forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement