Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roof rack

Options
  • 20-02-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

hey, anybody buy a roof rack recently?where is cheap to buy one? can i get a universal one or does it have to be specific for my car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

Most will cover a range of cars, and will depend on whether you have small "gutters" running along the roof of your car.

I'd recommend you go with one of the better makes, like Thule.

You should be able to get them in any motor factors shop, or halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

you should consider ringing a dealership for your make of car.

I had soft pads on my old car and won't put them on my new car.
    A thule rack would set me ack 150-170e
    but 2 ford garages both quoted me 130e for a ford roof rack for my car.

I know it wont be any good to me when I change my car but tbh even if i bought a Thule rack i'd probably need to change the foot pack anyway.
    Plus some of the thule racks i've seen have this bit that comes down and clips intot he door frame:
    B.jpg
    I dont know if this is just for some car types or just cos some foot packs are generic but im hoping that by going with a ford rack I wont have this bit cos its fugly.

So i think i'll go for the ford bars.

edit:
    if you go for thule you could get aero bars, bit more expensive so you probably wont as ur looking for the cheaper option.

If you want the cheapest option get a soft rack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Notch000

I got a car specific peugeot one for my car for 80e off google uk. The cheap ones are even dearer than that, it fits perfect, look cool (ish) and doesnt make any noise, the cheap square ones whistle/hummmmmmm like a bitch as speed

Advertisement