Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland 09 Rugby Home/Away Jersey - £22.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

thanks, one ordered for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Aren't they changing after 6n?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

28.99 delivered is about 33 euro. I think Elverys are selling this jersey for 35 euro which makes better sense in terms of sizing etc.

And yes the jersey is changing after the 6N.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

doesn't make sense to buy an Ireland Jersey from an English store...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

johnfás wrote: »

And yes the jersey is changing after the 6N.

Any links to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Will it still be Canterbury ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Sniipe wrote: »
    doesn't make sense to buy an Ireland Jersey from an English store...

That's ridiculous. Does it make sense that our current gear is supplied by a Kiwi company?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Bill-e wrote: »
    Will it still be Canterbury ?

No. I think it's Puma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

That's ridiculous. Does it make sense that our current gear is supplied by a Kiwi company?

And makes even less sense that the company who makes them is called "Canterbury Of New Zealand" yet the jerseys are actually made in China :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

kearnsr wrote: »
    Any links to that?

It changes every 2 years, and it last changed before the 2007 World Cup warm-up matches. So I'd say there'll be a new jersey for the autumn internationals at the latest. Puma seem to be the big rumour to be supplying it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Jello wrote: »
    It changes every 2 years, and it last changed before the 2007 World Cup warm-up matches. So I'd say there'll be a new jersey for the autumn internationals at the latest. Puma seem to be the big rumour to be supplying it.

It was the same jersey for the RWC wasnt it? Thats more than two years ago

If its a new maker I'd hold off buying one.

[QUOTE=kearnsr;59118490
    If its a new maker I'd hold off buying one.[/QUOTE]

So you can pay €80 for the priviledge of a new one? :confused: I like the current jersey and for €33 its not a bad price considering its still €77 in arnotts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

It was the same jersey for the RWC wasnt it? Thats more than two years ago

It's two years ago this September, so there'll be a new one due before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Hope you're all using quidco to get your 5% cashback from Lovell.

I was talking to the Canterbury rep in Arnotts a few weeks ago and he mentioned that Adidas were determined to outbid Canterbury for the new Jersey.
    As for Puma I know they have the Bath jersey and i think Samoa or Tonga but it'd be a first for them to get such a big jersey....then again the IRFU have proved time and time again that money is their main concern :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

sportsworld (heatons) have them for 32 eur and elverys have them for 37 so if you live near any of them might be handier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Einstein !
    and pay 80 quid for the new one ?

Nominate Daft Post Of The Month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭jacool

Although I won't be buying this jersey as
    a) I don't have a rugger-bugger body and
    b) I think its a crap design
    i love the fact that all these silly comments, totally off the point followed on.
    but thanks OP for pointing out what is indeed a Bargain Alert !

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

Got mine for 35.00 from Elvery's in Dun Laoghaire. Didn't mind the 5 extra Euroes for the luxury of trying the jersey on before buying.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

subfreq wrote: »
    Got mine for 35.00 from Elvery's in Dun Laoghaire. Didn't mind the 5 extra Euroes for the luxury of trying the jersey on before buying.

Picked one up n Elvery's myself recently - Once I saw they were half-price I figured a new one must be on the way but I don't mind, I wouldn't be paying €70+ to get one straight away anyway and I don't mind having the "old" jersey on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

anybody tell me what the sizes are like? are they loose fitting or tight fitting? I'd normally be an xl but generally sports jerseys but be tight fitting?

• Advertisement

I'd go one size smaller than what you usually are. I'm usually a medium and the small fits me perfect. Unless you're well built and can fill it. They're not exactly tight fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

"Hope you're all using quidco to get your 5% cashback from Lovell."

I use Lovell a lot whats quidco??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

discostu1 wrote: »
    "Hope you're all using quidco to get your 5% cashback from Lovell."

I use Lovell a lot whats quidco??

www.quidco.com it's a cash back website where when you click through them to make a purchase or sign up to a site you get cash backs.
    Bit like pigsback except real cash to your paypal (although it can take 2 months before you get your money in your paypal account)

Advertisement