Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cousin of alleged 9/11 hijacker has been exposed as a long standing Zionist Spy.

Options
  • 20-02-2009 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

To Israel, he appears to have been a valued spy, sending reports and taking clandestine photographs of Palestinian groups and Hezbollah since 1983.

Now he sits in a Lebanese prison cell, accused by the authorities of betraying his country to an enemy state. Months after his arrest, his friends and former colleagues are still in shock over the extent of his deceptions: the carefully disguised trips abroad, the unexplained cash, the secret second wife.

Lebanese investigators say he has confessed to a career of espionage spectacular in its scope and longevity. Many intelligence agents are said to operate in the civil chaos of Lebanon, but Mr. Jarrahâs arrest has shed a rare light onto a world of spying and subversion that usually persists in secret.

He was finally arrested last July by Hezbollah, which now has perhaps the most powerful intelligence apparatus in this country. It handed him to the Lebanese military along with his brother Yusuf, who is accused of helping him spy — and he awaits trial by a military court.

It is not the family's first brush with notoriety. One of Mr. Jarrahâ's cousins, Ziad al-Jarrah, was among the 19 hijackers who carried out the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, though the men were 20 years apart in age and do not appear to have known each other well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/world/middleeast/19lebanon.html?_r=3&hp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

What's the conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

meglome wrote: »
    What's the conspiracy?
    More dots joined up. :)

I honestly don't get you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Well that isn't surprising. But I do. I'm sure others too.
    I know what he means by adding the dotts together. When you join the dots together its like putting a puzzle together. geeeeeeeeee....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

It's a sort of "elephant in the room" thing. It's right there staring you in the face, but you can't quite see it, becasue you can't stare back at it.

Hope that helps. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

mysterious wrote: »
    Well that isn't surprising. But I do. I'm sure others too.
    I know what he means by adding the dotts together. When you join the dots together its like putting a puzzle together. geeeeeeeeee....
    But you have to put the dots in the order they're intended to go, not to order you want them to. One of the key parts of the article, which will no doubt be completely ignored by some is:
    though the men were 20 years apart in age and do not appear to have known each other well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

is it not obvious what the conpiracy is???1 degree of seperation between the intelligence community & 9/11

• Registered Users Posts: 33,453 ✭✭✭✭Penn

MARAJ, Lebenon — For 25 years, Ali al-Jarrah managed to live on both sides of the bitterest divide running through this region. To friends and neighbors, he was an earnest supporter of the Palestinian cause, an affable, white-haired family man who worked as an administrator at a nearby school.

Many maintained his innocence. But Raja Mosleh, the Palestinian doctor who was his partner for years in a school and health clinic near here, did not.

“I never suspected him before,” Dr. Mosleh said. “But now, after linking all the incidents together, I feel he’s 100 percent guilty.”
    “He used to talk about the Palestinian cause all the time, how he supported the cause, he supported the people, he liked everybody — this son of a dog,” Dr. Mosleh added, his voice thick with contempt.

^^taken from the same article

Seems like 'enemy state' refers to Palestine, not America. In fact the only time they mention America in the article is the fact his cousin, who he didnt know very well and was 20 years younger, was one of the 9/11 terrorists.

is it not obvious what the conpiracy is???1 degree of seperation between the intelligence community & 9/11
    Hitler was a crazed dictator. His half-brother was a waitor in the Shelbourne. Does that mean that both are dictators or both are waitors? Or does it mean that they're two different people, with two different lives who just happened to be related?

Also, he hasn't actually been found guilty yet. Granted, it hardly looks good for him, but saying someone is guilty before they've had a fair trial is the type of thing a heartless oppressor would do. ;) So it might possibly be best to leave the accusations till after the trial when we know if he's guilty or not and possibly his reasons (he might actually be telling the truth about being forced to cooperate. Stranger things have happened).

whats your point here?That there is a 20 year age gap? is that at 2001 or not? either way means nothing. Its a wee bit hard to take that people take it as gospel from a NY times articles passing comment when to prove a point it is scrutinised to the nth

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Hitler was a crazed dictator. His half-brother was a waitor in the Shelbourne. Does that mean that both are dictators or both are waitors? Or does it mean that they're two different people, with two different lives who just happened to be related?

Also, he hasn't actually been found guilty yet. Granted, it hardly looks good for him, but saying someone is guilty before they've had a fair trial is the type of thing a heartless oppressor would do. ;) So it might possibly be best to leave the accusations till after the trial when we know if he's guilty or not and possibly his reasons (he might actually be telling the truth about being forced to cooperate. Stranger things have happened).

I agree. But there is a difference between being a waiter and a mossad operative, ultimately not much difference between a suicide hijacker and hitler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

To Israel, he appears to have been a valued spy, sending reports and taking clandestine photographs of Palestinian groups and Hezbollah since 1983.

Now he sits in a Lebanese prison cell, accused by the authorities of betraying his country to an enemy state. Months after his arrest, his friends and former colleagues are still in shock over the extent of his deceptions: the carefully disguised trips abroad, the unexplained cash, the secret second wife.

Lebanese investigators say he has confessed to a career of espionage spectacular in its scope and longevity. Many intelligence agents are said to operate in the civil chaos of Lebanon, but Mr. Jarrahâs arrest has shed a rare light onto a world of spying and subversion that usually persists in secret.

He was finally arrested last July by Hezbollah, which now has perhaps the most powerful intelligence apparatus in this country. It handed him to the Lebanese military along with his brother Yusuf, who is accused of helping him spy — and he awaits trial by a military court.

It is not the family's first brush with notoriety. One of Mr. Jarrahâ's cousins, Ziad al-Jarrah, was among the 19 hijackers who carried out the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, though the men were 20 years apart in age and do not appear to have known each other well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/world/middleeast/19lebanon.html?_r=3&hp

I would TOTALLY trust that confession. I'm cereal.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

whats your point here?That there is a 20 year age gap? is that at 2001 or not? either way means nothing.
    A 20 year age gap is still 20 years even in 2001.
    Its a wee bit hard to take that people take it as gospel from a NY times articles passing comment when to prove a point it is scrutinised to the nth
    Completely oblivious to the irony.

King Mob wrote: »
    A 20 year age gap is still 20 years even in 2001.

Completely oblivious to the irony.

I meant was there a twenty year gap whe he died or now? either way it suggests nothing. wonder if he was at the funeral. Do you believe that he had very little contact? if so, why?

I agree. But there is a difference between being a waiter and a mossad operative, ultimately not much difference between a suicide hijacker and hitler.
    You've obviously never been served in the Shelbourne :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I meant was there a twenty year gap whe he died or now? either way it suggests nothing.
    It still a twenty year gap. time doesn't speed up or down when someone dies.
    If you're born twenty years after someone, you're always twenty years older.
    wonder if he was at the funeral. Do you believe that he had very little contact? if so, why?
    Because the only source of information I've seen on the subject says as much, and that there is no reason at all to believe they did. Except the conspiracy nuts reason of course, he's accused of being involved with the mossad therefore he must be involved in 9/11.

What reason do you have that him being related to one of the hijackers has anything to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

So does this mean that people now accept that the hijackers named did actually hijack planes and fly them into buildings?

If not...then it seems you want us to discuss whether or not someone sitting in a cell is related to someone who you would maintain is perhaps alive, was framed and wasn't a terrorist.

Or is it a case that any inconsistency is somehow evidence of something sinister, even if its at odds with other inconsistencies that you also want to use?

I really don't get the relevance. There were 14 children in my mothers family and most of them had a number of children. So you're trying to tell me that if one of those many cousins, with a 20 year age gap to me, did something dodgy there would have to be some connection to me? A cousin which at best I barely know? If that's your idea of evidence of something I can again see why we don't often have the same stance on things.

okay...so an apparent Islamic fundamentalist and actual Islamic fundamentalist who share a grandparent that would presumably be moving in the same underground islamic fundamentalist circles, the Mossad agent would be actively required towould have very little knowledge of each other. Why? Because the NY TImes guy said so. Glad he cleared that up because it completely eliminates all traces of Mossad foreknowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

tsk! don't you hate when your maths lets you down. I blame the use of calculators in the leaving cert. I mean surely it can't be that difficult for a kid to work out a few sums. Then maybe it's the maths teachers that should be blamed, or the department of ejucashun ... :D
    King Mob wrote: »
    If you're born twenty years after someone, you're always twenty years older.

• Advertisement
Advertisement